Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
You will work collaboratively with biology teams, portfolio project teams and other post-docs to further our understanding of chromatin biology, DNA damage response, cancer drug tolerance, heterogeneity, innate immunity and other areas of emerging science.
While performing independent, cutting-edge research, you will work with experienced drug hunters and colleagues focusing on target identification and validation, hit discovery, as well as pre-clinical animal studies and safety, with the goal of making clinically relevant, groundbreaking discoveries and publishing in high-impact journals.How You Will Achieve It
- Demonstrate deep scientific and technical expertise that can be harnessed to advance our understanding in the fields of chromatin biology and/or innate immunity.
- Independently design and test biological hypotheses, while also leveraging the breadth of expertise available from colleagues and subject matter experts across Pfizer and the external academic collaborative network.
- Execute targeted in vitro and in vivo experiments, while leveraging state of the art technologies and resources to address fundamental questions regarding cancer drug resistance mechanisms that can uncover novel therapeutic angles in this space.
- Generate, organize, analyze, interpret data, and identify areas where key knowledge is lacking.
- Proactively seek new scientific leads via literature, conferences and key opinion leaders with the goal of refining scientific hypothesis and expediting experimental plans.
- Communicate results at internal and external events and publish discoveries.
- Ph.D. in Molecular and Cell Biology, Cancer Biology, Epigenetics and Chromatin Biology, Immuno-Oncology, immunology, or a related discipline and 2+ years Postdoctoral experience.
- Experience in an array of molecular and cell biological techniques, including genome editing methods, protein and chromatin biochemistry, chromatin immunoprecipitations and other assays that assess chromatin states, multi-color flow cytometry, mass spectrometry analysis, bioinformatics analysis and/ or in vivo models for oncology and other therapeutic areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with cancer cell heterogeneity, transposable element biology/analysis, nucleic acid sensing mechanisms, innate immunity and /or chromatin biology
Relocation support available
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development