Join the GSK Future Leaders Graduate Program: Help us get ahead of disease together - Research Data Science, US, 2023 Education required:
MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or any Scientific or Engineering discipline with a strong numerical component . Graduation by Spring/Summer 2023 Language requirement:
Written and spoken fluency in English Other requirements :
Willingness to work at GSK sites and be geographically mobile (domestic) throughout rotations Expected Start date:
September 2023 *You can apply to only one Future Leaders Graduate Program in the US Application deadline:
We will close this vacancy when we have enough applications, so please apply as soon as you can to be considered Assessment Center Date:
November 2022 Are you looking for a career where you can help positively impact the health of billions of people?
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together . Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves - feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their well-being. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get ahead together.
Find out more: Annual Report 2021 Inspired to help us get ahead together? Apply for the Research Data Science graduate program at GSK today!
Are you ready to use data to deliver results that amplify our scienc e?
If so, bring that enthusiasm here. Together we can generate new insights that increase the probability of successfully creating transformational medicines for patients using advanced analytics, data science and machine learning. Ahead together with tailored training and career development
We'll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. The skills you learn on our Data Science Graduate program can be used across many areas of our business. There's no limit to how far you can go with us - it's up to you to prove yourself. To succeed in this role you'll be motivated by:
- Opportunities to operate in multidisciplinary teams and deliver real impact
- Developing exceptional skills in data science, visualization, and scientific communication
- Learning how to integrate complex biological data from a range of sources to deliver analytics that enable decision making in r esearch .
The Data Science Future Leaders Program will follow one of two schemes, each scheme containing three exciting rotations: What will you do?
What are we looking for?
- Interact with scientific business partners to develop testable hypotheses and deliver data analysis that enables decision making at pace in Research
- Influence scientific business decisions using data to answer specific questions
- Collaborate with business and tech partners to evaluate and implement new data solutions
- Develop skills to perform analysis on multiparametric datasets to progress medicine design and development while gaining hands on experience using state-of-the art data analytics platforms and capabilities
- Build data extraction, integration, and visualization capabilities to strengthen future image analysis workstreams.
What do we offer you?
- Passion for getting ahead of disease
- A ‘disruptive' mindset, proposing innovative approaches to challenging scientific problems
- Experience using numerical/computational methods for quantitative data analysis grounded in statistics, linear algebra, and calculus
- Proficiency in Python and familiarity with key elements of the Python data science stack such as: pandas, NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, et c.
- An understanding of how to incorporate scientific principles into data analysis based on basic understanding of experimental acquisition and integration of multiple data sources.
- A proactive, self-motivated, and flexible approach with a talent for multitasking and adapting to change
- A gift for building strong relationships with key stakeholders
Let's do this!
- A competitive salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Relocation Allowance (eligibility will be confirmed once your first location is confirmed)
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
You'll find hints, tips and guidance on our recruitment process on our website Learn more about the application process | GSK
You can learn more about GSK and our careers here
. Apply now!
Our Future Leaders Graduate Program is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don't have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the program have worked while studying or after graduation. If you've already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this program, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK. We're 100% open to all talent
We're 100% open to all talent - whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, color, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients . And also because it's the right thing to do.
You can learn more about Inclusion and diversity at GSK here
. Need help with your application?
Please email us at AM.E arly T alent R email@example.com and let us know how we can help you. #FLP #ResearchDevelopmentFLP #DataScienceFLP
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record