Are you energized by an opportunity to strategize on projects and improve platform capabilities across the Clinical Biomarker Group? If so, this Clinical Biomarker Specialist role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
The Clinical Biomarker Specialist will report to the Clinical Biomarker Lead to enhance clinical biomarker strategies for projects and improve platform capabilities across the Clinical Biomarker group. Working as part of the Clinical Biomarkers Team, the Clinical Biomarker Specialist will employ cutting edge technologies and procedures to discover and support technical validation of biomarkers to strengthen clinical biomarker strategies at all stages of clinical development to ensure optimally informed decision making in drug development.
The Clinical Biomarker Specialist role provides an opportunity to gain clinical experience and for future development into the Clinical Biomarker Lead role.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
These responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Technical validation of biomarkers for use in clinical trials and in observational studies.
- Working with internal technology groups, Contract Research Organisations and collaborators to deliver clinical biomarker assays.
- Providing input on biomarker-related elements of study trial design and conduct and incorporating biomarkers into clinical protocols, Study Reference Manuals and Central Lab Worksheets.
- Ensuring alignment of biomarker outputs with data management, statistics, and modelling/simulation requirements.
- Liaise with other parts of the organization to resolve study biomarker issues.
- Evaluating the value and suitability of new technologies for potential use in clinical trials.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD-educated scientist (or equivalent) in life sciences (background/degree in immunology an advantage) with at least 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry supporting pipeline progression.
- Experience with the discovery, validation and implementation of biomarkers.
- Excellent communication skills and positive can-do attitude. Good interpersonal and matrix working skills.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- In depth knowledge of GCP principles.
- Experience of clinical implementation of biomarker technologies.
- at least 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry supporting pipeline progression.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record