Are you energized by a challenging role in pharmaceutical R&D, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Associate Scientist role would be a great opportunity to consider.
As Associate Scientist you will be responsible for support/design and execution of scientific studies for vaccine technical programs at the discovery and early development stage, including formulation support for in vitro and in vivo scientific studies. This is a laboratory-based position.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to perform key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Vaccine drug product formulation support for various pre-development activities and pre-clinical discovery programs.
- Participate in the design and execution of specific development projects under limited direction, following the Quality by design framework.
- Work closely under the direction of scientific staff to generate and interpret the data for discovery and pre-development projects.
- Utilize scientific knowledge and experience to influence technical decisions.
- Function effectively as a core team member on multiple concurrent projects and may leads small projects and established work processes.
- Help to solve complex problems through collaborations with others, taking a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Train other staff members on equipment operation, data analysis, and other project-related work.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Prepare and presents scientific data in internal meeting within own Technical R&D area.
- Participate in writing technical protocols and reports in support of various project development stages.
- Utilize technical process knowledge to meet regulatory requirements appropriate for stage of development.
- Communicate effectively within drug product functional area and with other R&D functions.
- Communicates effectively with manager and senior scientific staff in order to ensure progression of project-related work.
- Understand, apply and proactive promote to the GxP / EHS / QA rules application as they are defined.
Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related scientific fieldPreferred Qualifications:
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why GSK? Our values and expectations
- 2+ years of relevant work experience,
- Good understanding of biopharm/vaccine development process,
- Experience in working with lipid nanoparticles, nucleic acids and/or adjuvants,
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a matrix environment,
- Ability to work independently and to take scientific direction from senior scientists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record