We are seeking a highly motivated, exceptional enzymologist with experience in in vitro enzyme assays to support early stage drug discovery efforts at our Pfizer, Boulder Research & Development site in Boulder, CO. This person will be responsible for assay development, screening , lead optimization and mechanistic studies to characterize the interaction of small molecules with their intended target (s) in a collaborative team environment. The candidate will work closely with structural biologists, protein chemists, computational and medicinal chemists and will take a functional leadership role on their project team(s) in our fast-paced drug discovery environment aimed at creat ing "breakthroughs that change patients' lives." ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, performs and analyzes laboratory experiments independently in a timely and independent manner
- Compiles, maintains and interprets data on results of analyses and communicates these results to project teams in verbal and written form
- Executes a broad range of laboratory techniques and actively investigates/evaluates new techniques resulting from literature searches
- Demonstrates creative problem-solving skills as related to technical area of expertise
- Assumes overall project responsibility for a research program of limited scope, including experimental design under general direction of manager
- Interacts with research staff in other departments to accomplish project goals
- Contributes to the discovery of intellectual property
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry or related field or M.S. with 5 + years of relevant post-graduate experience
- Experience in conducting and analyzing in vitro biochemical, enzyme-based assays aimed at elucidating the kinetic mechanism of small molecule inhibitors
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and apply innovative, technical solutions to a variety of problems
- Good problem -solving skills requiring the application of scientific theory and creative skills in the development of hypotheses and approach
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude for independent actions and decisions relating to technical problems and procedures
- Ability to clearly present technical and conceptual information verbally and in writing across multiple disciplines
- Proficient in the use of computer software to fit and interpret analytical data such as GraphPad, XLFit & Spotfire
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry a plus including laboratory automation and/or conducting assays in microtiter plates
- Familiarity with biophysical methods such as surface plasmon resonance, biolayer interferometry and ITC
- Demonstrated ability to manage and/or mentor others on a technical level
Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis.
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $72,800 to $121,400. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 10% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For roles based in Colorado: The annual base salary for this position ranges from $72,800.00 to $121,400.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 10.0% of the base salary. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development