Open Faculty Positions
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (www.oist.jp) is a dynamic and growing graduate university in Japan. We are inviting applications for tenure-track and tenured faculty positions.
Applications are invited in Life Sciences
OIST is actively seeking applications from women and underrepresented groups.
Successful candidates will have an opportunity to join our vibrant, collaborative, interdisciplinary research community. They will:
- Establish and run an active independent Research Unit with generous internal funding, including funds for several research staff
- Supervise and mentor PhD students, develop and teach graduate courses, and actively contribute to university services
- Receive access to cutting-edge core research facilities, including imaging, sequencing, instrumentation, nanofabrication, and high-performance computing, with dedicated support staff
- Enjoy a competitive remuneration package with additional benefits, such as housing allowance
- Cover Letter
- CV, including a publication list
- Research statement
- Diversity statement
- Teaching statement
- Summaries of up to three research publications
- Three reference letters
Application deadline: October 17, 2022 at 12:59 PM JST
The starting date is negotiable.
Apply here: https://groups.oist.jp/facultypositions
OIST offers a world-class research environment and opportunities for cross-disciplinary research. We have no departments, and we currently have 89 Research Units. English is the official language of the university, and the research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. The campus is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shorelines and coral reefs in subtropical Okinawa, Japan. Watch the video OIST Stories: The Scientists, and consider joining us.
We are an equal opportunity educator and employer and are committed to enhancing and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of the university community. As such, we are actively working to increase the diversity of our faculty, students, and staff, and cultivating an environment where all members can thrive and are valued. We have implemented policies to engender and cultivate a diverse, inclusive, and family-friendly culture. These include supporting dual career couples, gender neutral facilities, pro-active equity-focused policies including “stop-the-clock” options, an on-site bilingual childcare facility and after school programs, an on-site health center, and relocation and post-arrival support.
Dr. Milind Purohit, Dean of Faculty Affairs
faculty-recruiting at oist.jp