Are you energized by a challenging role in biology, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Associate Scientist role would be a great opportunity to consider.
The global Nucleic Acids Vaccines Center of Excellence team (Technical Research & Development, GSK Vaccines) is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced, and motivated Scientist with a strong understanding and experience in nucleic acid research to contribute to the success of the GSK messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine platform.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Be a key member of a team of talented professionals to drive mRNA vaccine platform technology development in a highly competitive landscape.
- Apply deep knowledge in nucleic acid research to improve process development of RNA vaccine platforms.
- Independently carry out and document experiments, interpret data, and maintain good scientific process.
- Partner with diverse team members from various functions, multiple countries, and members at various levels in organization.
- Prepare oral and written reports to communicate scientific findings and to support project documentation and CMC submissions.
- Comply with data integrity requirements for laboratory work.
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Virology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, or a related scientific field.
- BSc with 4+ years of experience or MS with 2+ years of experience.
- Experience in nucleic acid synthesis, optimization, and quality control.
- Have strong track record in nucleic acid research (publications and/or regulatory/patent filings).
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Be able to rapidly acquire project understanding and apply professional knowledge to project improvement.
- Communicate effectively with regular verbal and formal updates to project teams and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an eagerness to work with and support colleagues in a cross-functional collaborative environment
- Familiar with large-scale plasmid DNA and RNA synthesis.
- Working experience with gene therapies or specifically mRNA-based vaccines or therapeutics.
- Broad understanding of overall process development and analytical development activities required for CMC support.
- Familiar with plasmid design and optimization.
- Experience and understanding in nucleic acid analytical technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality by Design, as applied to biologics from an early stage, would be an advantage.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record