Are you energized by the challenge of shaping and accelerating the scientific expertise of a biology program? If so, this Investigator opportunity could be an exciting opportunity to consider.
The Oncology Synthetic Lethality Research Unit has an opening for an In Vivo Pharmacologist at its Cambridge, MA site. The successful candidate will work together with a highly motivated team to discover and develop novel oncology drugs with a clear genetic relationship to cancer. The primary responsibility of this position will be to represent in vivo pharmacology in various project teams and lead the in vivo strategy to move the program forward. The candidate should be able to independently execute on a variety of in vivo techniques used to evaluate a compound in mouse tumor models and deliver high quality data. The candidate must be proficient in planning, executing and analyzing data to effectively achieve project goals and timelines. Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. degree inthe life sciences field
- Ten or more year of In Vivo experience
- At least two years of experience in design, conduct, and analyze data from in vivo pharmacology studies.
- PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology
- Experience in working with vivo tumor models (Cell line derived, Patient derived and Syngeneic mouse models).
- Expertise in techniques including- cell culture, compound preparation and formulation, administration to mice (i.v., s.c., p.o.), tumor implantation and measurements
- Demonstrated expertise including PK/PD, efficacy and biomarker studies to inform patient selection strategies, dose and schedule optimization, and identify rationale drug combinations.
- Ability to lead from the bench in problem solving and the development of innovative solutions.
- Data analytical skills using Prism Graph Pad or other softwares
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A proven track record of high productivity and scientific publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a matrix environment.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record