Are you energized by a challenging role in pharmaceutical R&D , where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Scientist role would be a great opportunity to consider.
As Scientist, you will be expected to design and execute scientific studies in support of technical programs as they progress from conception and early development to implementation, and transfer to the technical development teams.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
- Scout for novel drug product platforms and technologies
- Act as primary source for evaluation of external & internal technologies, encompassing formulation and delivery
- Design and execute specific projects in collaboration with the related platform staff, following the quality by design framework.
- Support the discovery teams with the design of formulation for novel candidate vaccines, and the preparation of formulations for preclinical studies
- Responsible for the conception, design, implementation, and interpretation of scientific and technical data to support own area projects.
- Collaborate with related platform staff to design, implement, and interpret the data from development workstreams.
- Make sound scientific/technical decisions based on a balance of data, analysis and experience.
- Function effectively as a core team member on several projects and leads small projects and established work processes.
- Solve complex problems through collaborations with others, taking a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Provide guidance to new team members and acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Generate strong relationships in the area of preclinical R&D and technical development with high quality partners beneficial to the organization, both internally and externally, to strengthen development/implementation of new methods/technologies.
- Prepare and present scientific data within Technical R&D / Technical Development team or in Technical taskforces.
- Able to present and defend scientific data at external events and conferences.
- Author and review technical protocols and reports in support of various project development stages.
- Utilize technical process knowledge to meet regulatory requirements appropriate for stage of development.
- Communicate effectively with internal and with external stakeholders.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD with 0+ years of experience OR MS with 3+ years of experience OR BS with 6+ years of experience
- Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related scientific field
- Experience in discovery and/or early development of biopharmaceuticals
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with vaccine adjuvants and protein based formulations.
- Experience with nanoparticle-based drug delivery systems (including liposome-based nucleic acid delivery) is highly recommended.
- E xperience in/understanding of molecular biology and/or immunology.
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Written and spoken local language.
- Good understanding of biopharm / vaccine development process .
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
*LI-GSK #VaccinesRD *This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record