Are you interested in a leadership opportunity that leads the development of US Oncology Medical and Scientific Communication plans, tactics and educational materials, and digital innovation to drive Oncology strategies for a multi-national pharmaceutical company? If so, this role may be for you!
This scientific communications and training role leads the development of US Oncology medical and scientific communication plans, tactics, medical educational material and external communication tools, including digital innovation and customized US scientific medical training in alignment with the US Medical Affairs leads, and Oncology Field Medical Leadership.
~ We will consider candidates from other US based locations as well ~
This person will also be accountable for materials required at symposia such as presentations, and MSL trainings; provides medical accuracy review of materials and will liaise with cross-functional team including medical information and Global Medical Affairs. Additional responsibilities include representing US on the Global SciCom matrix team, collaborating with investigators, congresses, medical experts and authors. The role will work in close partnership and collaboration with Global Scientific Communications organization, the US Medical Matrix Team, the US Medical Information Team, and publications.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Deeply understands global medical strategy & scientific narratives and localizes to create US specific scientific narratives linked to evidence generation plans, US Medicine strategy, and specific to US customer dynamics.
- Creates US specific scientific communication plans in the US for GSK assets and leverages publication / data dissemination plan for the creation of simultaneous and aligned enduring materials and educational activities; leverages and applies Global plans to US market and US congress plans.
- Provides strong US voice into the development of Global Scientific Platforms and actively participates in the Global content co-creation process.
- In partnership with Medical Information, develops robust, customer-segment specific scientific communication resources for both field medical and headquarters use (e.g., at congresses), and development and execution of innovative tools for internal and external communication including digital/social medical delivery.
- Ensures organization has a timely understanding of competitor scientific activity and its implication to the overall US treatment landscape and US scientific narratives; Communicates internally up-to-date scientific data including recent publications, insights, FAQs, presentations, study specific information, and scientific statements, providing training as needed to medical affairs associates.
- Develops and provides US customized training support and creative training workshops for our field medical teams on US Scientific Narratives, disease states, GSK and external competitive data.
- Accountable for accurate and impactful scientific deliverables including symposia, slide decks, MSL/MCTL tools, and accuracy review of non-departmental driven materials (examples: publications & congress presentations, MI letters).
- For all deliverables, collaborates with investigators, congresses, medical experts and will liaise with cross-functional internal team including clinical development, medical, IBCT, and biostatistics.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Advance degree: PhD, PharmD, or advanced scientific or health degree (MS, MPH), or MD.
- Has worked in pharmaceutical or communication company for 3+ years.
- 3+ years of oncology/hematology experience.
- Experience in developing medical education tools and material for field medical and internal medical teams.
- Experience in creating digital platforms.
- Knowledge of publication guidelines and practices.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and organize scientific data.
- Experience with development of slide decks and other scientific content.
- Experience with medical education meetings and digital/social medical delivery.
- Experience leading and working within cross-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in scientific communications preferred.
- Experience with strategic and tactical publication planning, development of abstracts, manuscripts preferred.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
In return for your expertise in these areas, GSK offers you the opportunity to showcase your skill with a leadership that values, recognizes and rewards talent!
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record