Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
Pfizer's BioMedicine Design (BMD) is seeking a highly motivated Cell/Molecular Biologist to join Biotherapeutic Expression and Purification group (BEP) in Cambridge, MA. Qualified candidate will play an essential role in a high-energy DNA and RNA production and protein expression research laboratory. The group supports non-GMP transient protein and RNA lead production and analytical support across Pfizer's diverse biotherapeutic discovery portfolio to enable Pfizer's research units and their pre-clinical therapeutic in-vitro and in-vivo needs. The candidate is expected to have a strong background in cell and molecular biology with experience in bacterial and mammalian cell culture. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining cells for plasmid production and to drive efforts in developing novel cell-based assays to evaluate RNA modalities using state-of-the-art technologies and equipment. The candidate will contribute to the group wide deliverables and be required to work on several projects simultaneously presenting results and updates at group meetings.How You Will Achieve It
- Maintenance of mammalian and bacterial cell lines to support in vitro expression of proteins using DNA and RNA modalities.
- Carry out processes for therapeutic RNA analysis using molecular biology and cell-based assays
- Production of plasmid DNA and maintenance of plasmid library to support therapeutic RNA production
- Conduct routine DNA characterization and quality control testing including gel electrophoresis and sample preparation for sequencing analysis.
- Maintain a record of daily work in an organized electronic lab notebook and use an online database to keep inventories and manage samples and key documentation
- Interface with biotherapeutic production and purification scientists on the team as well as therapeutic discovery and bioanalytical teams within the department
- Effectively communicate with the team to meet strict schedules and deadline
- B.S in biological/life sciences or Associates / Certificate in Biotechnology along with an understanding of cell and molecular biology
- Experience working with bacterial and mammalian cell lines and cell culture, transfection, and cell-based assays
- Must have good practical skills in a laboratory setting such as keeping an organized laboratory notebook and maintaining laboratory cleanliness to minimize contamination
- Ability to multitask and keep an organized record of daily work in an electronic lab notebook
- Must be able to follow detailed protocols and weekly schedules
- Must have the ability to concentrate while doing repetitive tasks
- Must follow laboratory safety rules
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Experience in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, cloning, and sequence analysis among others
- Familiarity with digital and lab automation
- Proficiency in nucleic acid purification and quantitative analysis techniques such as gel electrophoresis, bioanalyzer, endotoxin assessment.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development