Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
In this role, you will join a team of scientists and engineers focused on developing and optimizing mammalian cell culture processes for production of recombinant proteins and biologics for early and late-phase human clinical trials. Your work will be involved in cutting edge technology development projects that seek to probe/understand cellular physiology in the context of biologics production and discover broadly applicable methods to intensify mammalian cell culture processes.
As a Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be recognized as a technical expert and a scientific contributor. With your deep knowledge of the discipline, you will be an active team member who influences at the project team level. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience and consulting others. Your ability to plan will help in preparing short-term work activities on projects. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide your team members.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Apply technical skills and functional knowledge to projects/ assignments within own work group/project team independently and proactively, and act as a technical resource within own work group/project team.
- Design and execute experiments to optimize and enhance protein production using mammalian expression platforms.
- Keep abreast of novel technology for mammalian expression systems; introduce and implement novel technology.
- Ensures effective, high-quality, timely and appropriate documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and internal technical reports.
- Presents data/ strategy to scientists and management in appropriate internal and external venues (technical meetings, project team meetings, conferences etc.) and publishes in peer-reviewed journals, as appropriate.
- Provide formal/informal mentoring to junior colleagues within work group/project team.
- Contributes to safe, efficient, effective and harmonious lab environment through personal responsibility/accountability
- Demonstrates leadership and capability to mentor junior colleagues, and fosters a team environment.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot scientific and technical challenges, and contribute to their resolution.
- Bachelor'sDegree(BA/BS)and 4+ years of industrial experience OR Master'sdegree(MA/MS)and 3+ years of industrial experience in the area of Chemical/Biochemical engineering, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, or related fields
- A good understanding of mammalian cell culture,protein chemistry and protein analytics, including the recent scientific literature.
- Significant experience working with small-scale bioreactors (1-3 Liters) within an industrial setting
- An in-depth knowledge of bioreactor operations and in particular fed-batch and/or perfusion modes of cell culture
- Prior scale-up and scale-down experience while working closely with a large scale GMP facility/equipment
- Should be self-motivated, organized, and capable of working independently and in a collaborative environment and should have demonstrated ability to drive projects by coming up with innovative solutions.
- Should possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Should have strong attention to detail and has ability to execute detailed experimental plans, record procedures, analyze data, and present results.
- Has ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with changing priorities.
- Prior experience in developing commercially relevant cell culture processes to produce pharmacologically active proteins
- Experience working with micro scale bioreactor systems in a bioprocessing setting
- Knowledge of cell culture media development, cell line development, various aspects of cell physiology including metabolism and glycosylationand/or reactions involved in IVT processes
- Knowledge of data acquisition and controls systems in Biotherapeutic process environments.
- Sound understanding of statistical experimental design and analysis.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Position requires occasional light lifting and periods of standing, sitting or walking
Other Job Details:
- Occasional weekend work required.
- Occasional travel domestically to support technology development and/or clinical manufacturing activities as well as technology transfer to commercial manufacturing.
- Last Date to Apply: September 30, 2022
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development