The Pediatrics Department at Texas Children's Hospital Feigin Center is seeking a highly skilled Senior Research Coordinator. A Senior Research Coordinator in the Research Resources Office and Neurology to independently lead the day to day operations of complex clinical research studies. Primary responsibilities include rapid scale up of patient enrollment activities, screening, monitoring of research participants, and reporting to the clinical research sponsor. Responsible for ensuring accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of study volunteers.Job Duties
- Performs research related procedures as required such as EKGs/ECG's and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- Responsible for electronic case reporting requirements in accordance with all FDA and clinical trial study requirements.
- Manages and enters study information into CTMS (clinical trial management system) database.
- Communicates with patients and families throughout study.
- Interacts with sponsors and/or coordinating sites as required to facilitate protocol activities and maintains current study documents.
- Collects, processes and stores or ships blood or biological specimens as outlined per study protocols and associated lab or procedural manuals, in accordance with IATA Guidelines.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for the research study.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific study visits for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to the appropriate party.
- Schedules and orders study supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Reviews protocol documents, including abstracts, text, and informed consent for relevant information.
- Prepares documentation necessary to obtain initial and continued approval for the specific research protocol.
- Collaborates with physician, mid-level practitioners, and research nurses and data managers to document patient care.
- Conducts subject research study education as required within the scope of practice.
- Submits serious adverse event reporting and follow up as needed.
- Evaluates and analyzes clinical research data as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- EPIC experience
- Therapeutic clinical research study experience
- Knowledge of FDA Good Clinical Practices
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.