Are you interested in becoming part of a state-of-the-art human sample bank located in the Upper Merion Campus? Are you excited to use human samples to support the development of novel biomarkers and companion diagnostics to shorten clinical trial timelines for breakthrough medicines to treat cancer, autoimmune and other debilitating diseases? If you are an energized individual with attention to details and are excited about contributing to success of medicine development, this could be the right job for you.Job Purpose
As a senior archivist you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of human sample bank including receiving, inspecting, accessioning, archiving, shipping of human samples, as well as management of equipment in the sample bank, development and maintenance of SOPs and quality documents. Details ( Your Responsibilities )
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to play key roles in all aspects of human sample bank operations to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include the following,
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Responsible for receiving, inspecting, accessioning, archiving, retrieving, labelling, packaging and shipping of clinical human biological samples and maintain LIMS records.
- Participates in the development of standard operating procedures, work instructions, and other documents as required.
- Maintains and adheres to protocols for clinical sample intake, inspection, registration, quality control, archiving, and retrieval.
- Work with 3rd party service providers to manage, maintain and validate equipment to ensure performance meet quality standards of the sample bank.
- Complies with applicable standards and best practices, such as CLIA, CAP, GCP, GLP, GDPR, HIPAA, Common Rule, HTA, etc.
- Ensure the maintenance and quality control of the electronic patient and sample data files as well as department records and reports to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Note: this position is required to participate in an 24/7 on-call rotation for responding to temperature excursions and/or equipment failures.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related fields including broad understanding of pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process.
- Two to three years of work experience in tissue collection and processing environment or closely related experience.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MS, PhD, PharmD) in life sciences or related fields.
- In depth knowledge of drug development process and the use of human biological samples to support the development of biomarkers.
- Previous experiences with sample management, particularly in a large sample bank with experience using Lab Information Management System (LIMS).
- Demonstrated experience working and leading in a matrix environment to jointly deliver results in partnership with key stakeholder.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be results oriented, and highly organized, checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness, with the ability to manage time efficiently, prioritize and multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data entry required. Knowledge of data analysis and data management required.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record