The Associate Director, US Value Evidence Outcomes
will be responsible for supporting the planning, generating, and delivering health outcomes and economic evidence across the different stages of drug development to demonstrate the value of our medicines to payers, regulators, healthcare providers, and patients. The Associate Director will sit in the US VEO group, reporting to the Senior Director of Respiratory and General Medicines and support the portfolio with an initial emphasis on respiratory biologics. Given GSKs pipeline in the respiratory and infectious disease, the Associate Director may also support future pipeline assets.
VEO Associate Directors are critical to assessing the value evidence requirements of our launched and pipeline assets through stakeholder insights and implementing tactics to address these. The successful candidate will work closely with asset teams to address strategic questions. For example, what is the level of unmet need, how do our assets address this versus competitors, what is the key evidence required to address market access challenges at launch and beyond? Business Context:
Healthcare decision makers depend on manufacturers to generate evidence for new products to launch and maintain access. Lack of appropriate evidence to quantify the efficacy and safety of novel compounds, and limitations in accessibility and usability of evidence (i.e., applicability of evidence supplied to the real-world) have been identified as barriers for informed healthcare decision making. Achieving and maintaining market access for a product involves understanding the relevant evidence requirements for reimbursement and access, recognizing the challenges these pose for drug developers and identifying tactics to address these challenges. Value Evidence and Outcomes:
The VEO vision is that GSK commercialises medicines of value to internal and external stakeholders. We drive the definition and demonstration of value for GSK medicines, optimising patient benefit and access. We have a particular focus on Real World Evidence (RWE) and believe that GSK will lead the industry in the generation of impactful RWE.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following: To LEAD:
- VEO input into the Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) for Nucala line extensions and other prioritized pipeline assets/indications
- VEO Projects supporting the IEP, bringing required technical knowledge and ensuring high quality of deliverables
- Specific sub-teams, projects as identified through interactions with VET (Value Evidence Team) including health outcomes, epidemiology, statistics, clinical, medical affairs.
- Transparency of evidence generation activities within the Franchise markets to the Integrated Evidence Team.
- At direction of TA lead, support evidence generation across the Respiratory and General Medicines Portfolio.
- The role(s) will involve working closely with many stakeholders including Commercial Leads, Market Access Leads, Physician Leads, RWE and Epidemiology, Patient Focused Outcomes, Patients in Partnership team, Market Access, Clinical Scientists etc. Areas for partnership will include Clinical trial design in alignment with stakeholder insights and the IEP; Working with US colleagues to ensure local evidence generation needs are met in line with the scientific strategic objectives; Working with commercial, market access and patients in partnership and other colleagues to gain insights into evidence generation requirements; Working with teams to drive the medicine strategy and prepare for internal governance reviews.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Key evidence supporting internal governance reviews, supporting reimbursement in the US, and ultimately articulating the value of Nucala and GSKs pipeline assets
- The Value Evidence and Outcomes specific activities as defined in the IEP (Patient Reported Outcomes strategy, economic modelling, real world evidence, indirect comparisons, etc) ensuring the scientific robustness of the study protocol, study execution, analyses, and reporting.
- Scientific data disclosures; Impactful publications (manuscripts, posters, abstracts)
- The Value Evidence and Outcomes materials to inform internal governance decision making or support US reimbursement activities depending on asset strategy.
- Value Evidence and Outcomes input to regulatory documents with accuracy and scientific integrity.
- Compliance with necessary regulations for quality and disclosure.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master's degree in Health outcomes, patient reported outcomes, health economics, epidemiology, pharmacy, health or life sciences.
- 3 plus years of experience in health outcomes
- Pharmaceutical experience that includes: Drug development and/or and launch experience in support of value evidence generation
- Project Management Experience
- Technical experience in retrospective claims analyses and observational studies
- Experience in value evidence generation
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership Experience.
- Strong critical thinking strategically and tactically
- Doctorate level (e.g., PhD, Pharm D) or higher-level degree with commensurate industry and business qualification
- Experience in the TA
- Global R&D and/or LOC experience
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record