Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Scientist in the serum bactericidal assay (SBA) group within the high-throughput clinical testing department, you will be responsible for setting up a workflow to accomplish goals and meet timelines, as well as managing managing 2-4 direct reports. This individual will work independently and as a team member to plan, execute, interpret results, troubleshoot, document, summarize experiments, and ensure high data quality. The Scientist will master fundamental technical and quality concepts of the serum bactericidal assay (SBA). In addition, they will be responsible for writing protocols, reports, and designing investigations associated with the laboratory and to support SBA activities.How You Will Achieve It
- Conduct assays in the lab, perform data analysis, and manage laboratory responsibilities to achieve team goals. The candidate will perform assays in 96-well format, both manually and using an automated pipetting robot, and compile the data appropriately.
- Generate and deliver high-quality results under tight timelines.
- Support the creation of method procedures, protocols, instructions, and reports.
- Performs calculations, interprets results, and makes decisions based on data.
- Maintains accurate and complete records. Review of relevant documentation within the laboratory.
- Share and present original data and interpreted results in program meetings, coordinate the testing activities of the group.
- Contribute original ideas and participate in project planning for individual and team goals.
- Accountable for the accuracy and validity of testing results. Will analyze and interpret project/study/investigation results and findings. Determine next steps under guidance of manager and in compliance with applicable regulations; carries out technical and administrative duties as assigned.
- The incumbent will be trained on Policies, Practices, and Procedures needed to support their work. Satisfactorily completes all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with departmental requirements
- Managing complex inventory.
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Biology, Biomedical engineering, Chemistry or relevant scientific field, with a minimum of 4 years of hands-on research experience in an academic or industrial setting; or Master's degree in Microbiology, Biology, Biomedical engineering, Chemistry or relevant scientific field with a minimum of 2 years post-graduate hands-on research experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Ability to effectively manage, organize, and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience in data analysis, interpreting results, and summarizing data.
- Scientific skills such developing working hypotheses, develop and validate assays, troubleshooting, and data interpretation are required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and highly organized - in terms of goal-setting and achieving for multiple experiments/tasks; as well as the ability to give clear, concise direction and provide expectations to direct reports.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player in a cross-functional collaborative environment. Public speaking and presentation skills required.
- Ability and desire to work in an interdisciplinary scientific team and the desire to learn new techniques
- The candidate should have a desire to build on their knowledge of immunology and learn new technologies and methodologies
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access Database, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), JMP.
- Prior experience with (any) high-throughput robotic assay or automation, including Bravo, Tecan, Hamilton, etc.
- Prior management experience in a highly-matrixed and innovative research environment.
- Previous experience with R or another coding language.
- Managing large data sets in Excel or similar.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- This position will spend significant time in a laboratory environment and must be able to wear all required PPE.
- Physical requirements include: lifting, sitting, standing, walking, and bending; ability to sit for extended time at a biosafety cabinet
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and complex data analysis
- May require support for site as needed beyond core business hours.
- Dependent on timelines, work on weekends might be necessary on occasion
- Little to no travel required
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Other Job Details:
Eligible for relocation package
Eligible for employee referral bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development