Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world.
Pfizer's Vaccine Research and Development organization has been at the forefront of making history and improving human health - including creating some of the most complex and most sophisticated vaccines in the world, designed to tackle a wide range of infectious diseases of large unmet medical needs in people of all ages. What You Will Achieve
As an Associate Scientist
, you will perform bio functional assays to support and monitor the immune responses elicited by Pfizer's vaccine candidates in phase 2/3 clinical studies.This role will be responsible for performing viral bio functional assays to support clinical testing of human serum samples in the Neutralization Assay Group using a robotic liquid handling workstation.
As an integral member of this dynamic team, you must have a strong work ethic and be highly collaborative with group members. All work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and GLP and/or GCLP guidelines, when required. How You Will Achieve It
- Perform experiments related to the development and optimization of viral bio functional assays
- Execute testing of preclinical and clinical samples to meet program timelines
- Ensure laboratory equipment is meeting company's compliance guidelines including preventative maintenance and monthly calibrations.
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory, including ordering/ restocking supplies, updating reagent inventory, and ensuring cleanliness
- Satisfactorily complete all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements. Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- BS degree in Biology, Immunology, Virology or similar field of study
- Familiarity with bio functional assay development
- Experience following GLP guidelines, including adhering to SOPs, instrument IOQ/PQ, good documentation practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Good verbal and written communication skills
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Laboratory experience in biology, immunology, virology, and/or microbiology
- Experience handling infectious agents and biological materials safely, including toxins and viruses
- Robotic and automation experience
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development