Role Summary At Pfizer we deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Our Integrative Biotechnologies (IBT) team plays a vital role in this mission through the identification of therapeutic targets, leading drug discovery, and unraveling therapeutic mechanisms-of-action. In La Jolla, we are dedicated to the development of oncology agents that disrupt cancer biology or redirect the immune system against cancer cells.
As an IBT team member, you will enable biologic drug discovery (HTS), in vitro MoA, and CRISPR-based target ID through robustly reconstituting key immune processes in vitro. This includes a focus on myeloid biology, and encompasses assays with macrophages, T cells, and immortalized cell models as well as deployment of lentivirus-based cell engineering, CRISPR-KO and -Activation, and editing endogenous loci. Your responsibilities will include interfacing with project teams, developing research plans, contributing in-lab, managing CROs, and mentoring junior colleagues. You will work closely with individuals in drug design and immune-oncology groups to innovate and develop the next-generation immunotherapies.How You Will Achieve It
- Develop engineered cell platforms for dissecting the molecular mechanisms of macrophage, DC, and T cell function.
- Design and implement cell-based assays, automation, and functional genomics for the identification of therapeutic targets, and to screen for biologic drug candidates.
- Collaborate with team members to employ proteomic, CRISPR, transcriptomic, and chemical biology approaches to accelerate problem solving.
- Participate and present in internal and external collaboration meetings as well as at site and cross-site meetings.
- Communicate experimental findings accurately and concisely in both oral and written formats.
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces continuous learning and improvement
- PhD in Biology/Immunology/Biochemistry/Cell Biology, or related discipline, and 4+ yr of postdoctoral and/or industry R&D experience.
- Cell biology expertise with immortalized and/or primary immune cell models
- Expertise with plate-based assays, FACS, ELISA, cytokine measures (MSD, Luminex), NanoBRET, and/or live-cell imaging
- Molecular biology experience such as cloning, lentivirus, stable transfection, or electroporation
- Deep knowledge on immune oncology, drug discovery, and/or functional genomics.
- Experience with data analysis and presentation software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 8+ years of postdoctoral and/or industry R&D experience.
- Demonstrated use of lentivirus, reporter cell line generation, CRISPR Cas9, and automation (HTS)
- Strong track record of scientific accomplishments demonstrated through publications in highly-impact journals and/or intellectual property generation.
Contribute with in lab experimentation, and away from the lab through analyses, presentations, and collaborations
\nRelocation support available\n
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development