The Senior Director Field Medical Therapeutic Area (FM TA) Lead is responsible for the development and execution of the FM TA strategic and tactical plans supporting the assigned products in the Internal Medicine Portfolio. The Sr. Director TA Lead works cross-functionally with IM FM TA Team Leaders, Brand Medical Affairs (US), Global Medical Affairs, WRD, GPD, MO&A, Enterprise colleagues, Marketing and other Commercial Leadership, Legal, Regulatory, US Policy and Corporate Affairs. The Sr. Director TA Lead is responsible for the development and management of the budget allocated to support the annual FM TA asset strategic plan. The Sr. Director TA Lead assesses FM TA-led complex projects for alignment with appropriate Brand and Medical Strategy and scales deliverables from these projects for use with other customers. The Sr. Director TA Lead also leads efforts to develop and implement HCP identifier tools to ensure FM TA teams maximize opportunities for HCP identification and prioritization. Additional high profile and business critical projects for the Field Based Medical organization could be assigned.
This position reports to the IM FM TA Team Lead for Translational and Enablement Team.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES Supporting Medical Affairs Integrated Medical Plan
Working with Internal Medical
- Maintain product and disease area competency to facilitate effective collaboration with Pfizer medical and commercial colleagues' external customers
- Lead cross-functional Medical Affairs Customer Insight Workgroups and share customer insights with relevant leadership to guide strategy and tactical development
- Develop FM TA medicine objectives, strategic and tactical plans in collaboration with the assigned IM FM TLs and team members, Brand Medical Affairs, Global Medical Affairs, MO&A Lead, WRD, GPD, and colleagues from Patient and Health Impact (PHI) for products and their respective indications (marketed and future) in the Internal Medicine portfolio
- Conduct annual SWOT analysis, identify strategies and tactics, and develop budget to address FM TA high priority issues and opportunities to achieve annual objectives
- Incorporate customer insights into strategic and tactical planning process
- Conduct advisory boards and qualitative research to inform strategy and tactical development including participant recruitment, discussion guide development, consultant contract development and final report with recommendations
- Develop medical affairs agency statement of work for tactics development and manage work, budget and provision of quarterly forecasts to finance
- Lead the medicine medical review on GCMA representing the FM TA group
- Represent the FM TA group for asset MSC and Content Education Director Teams
- Lead the coordination of priority congresses for assets in collaboration with asset teams, FM TA TLs and FM TA Members
- Manage availability and access to FM TA resources, including back-end processes to produce and warehouse print-based materials and post materials and guidelines for use to IM FM TA Group Landing Page
- Lead therapeutic area content training of FM TA colleagues on medicines data, real world data and other resources and demonstrate how the provided content should be used with medical customers
- Lead monthly meetings with the respective IM TA TLs to coordinate group efforts supporting the assigned medicines and to share and align on strategic plans led by asset medical affairs teams
Partnership with commercial leadership
- Lead the design and implementation of HCP Identifier tool(s) to ensure FM TA teams maximize opportunities for HCP identification and prioritization across priority hospitals, health systems, and other settings
- Ensure strong alignment between the MO&A, Brand Medical Affairs and IM FM TA teams in implementing asset strategic plans in the field.
- Support development of FM TA resources for new product and new indication launches
- Participate in HQ medical affairs publications planning to support FM TA activities with HCPs
- Engage and participate in relevant Global Medical Affairs, WRD, and GPD product project teams to support IM FM TA team requests from those teams
- Support and pilot new concepts and modes to enhance customer engagement opportunities
Working with External Partners
- Participate in headquarters planning and meetings with commercial marketing and sales leads to ensure alignment of goals
- Review information from HCP market research (e.g., advisory boards, qualitative research, audit trial and usage) and incorporate insights where appropriate into medical strategy and customer initiatives
- Contribute to customer strategic planning in collaboration with Sales and Account management
- Meet regularly with Account Management leadership and MO&A leadership to ensure appropriate engagement of IM FM TA teams in MG/IDN account opportunities where TA expertise is needed
- Engage external opinion leaders for advisory boards and medical affairs webinars
- Engage external partners for technology platforms required to support IM FM TA tactics
- Participate in customer meetings and initiatives with FM TA colleagues to advance opportunities that support enhanced understanding of Pfizer's IM portfolio
- Identify key thought leaders through ongoing review of the literature and participation in key conferences and conventions that can be leveraged to develop customer-centric strategies and tactics
- Participate in customer collaborations or research opportunities with FM TA colleagues that require headquarters support
- Represent Pfizer Medical Affairs with professional associations and/or societies and contribute expertise and insights to FM TA teams, brand teams and other cross-functional workstreams as a subject matter expert.
QUALIFICATIONS BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage time and budget resources strategically
- Contribute to an engaged and effective work environment
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures for reporting activities, impacts and Unsolicited Medical Request (UMR) entries.
- Work within Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA) guidelines
- PhD or PharmD degree with 8 or more years of relevant experience required. Expertise or experience in Internal Medicine therapeutic areas, the US health care system, and health care analytics.
- Experience leading a matrix organization with the ability to manage without direct authority.
- Demonstration of strong strategic thinking skills, as evidenced by the ability to identify alternative scenarios and resulting implications and to develop pragmatic recommendations for direction or action.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and possessing advanced verbal communication that is focused and concise for addressing leadership and external audiences.
- Track record of achieving medically appropriate results and impact in a field medical role.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- 8+ years Pfizer priority Therapeutic Areas.
- Field Medical experience working in multiple Business Units in Pfizer strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, experience, and results in working with co-promote and Alliance partners in a field medical context
- Experience and/or expertise in patient care, health services or clinical research, or outcomes research
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPSFINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY
- Ability to travel up to 40% which includes overnight travel
- Must meet and comply with all Corporate Travel requirements, policies and procedures as applicable.
- The IM FM TA Therapeutic Area Lead is responsible for the development and management of the budget allocated to support the annual field medical strategic and tactical plan for product and TA areas assigned.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.