Department of Molecular and Cell Biology (MCB), Division of Immunology and Molecular Medicine (IMM), and Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences (EECS), Computer Science (CS) Division
The Department of Molecular and Cell Biology (MCB), Division of Immunology and Molecular Medicine (IMM) and the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, Computer Science (CS) Division at the University of California, Berkeley (UCB) invite applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level. The candidate will be joining world class departments in Computer Science and Immunology/Molecular and Cell Biology, providing tremendous opportunities for engagement in interdisciplinary research of the highest quality. These departments offer a welcoming environment that is both diverse and inclusive. Together these features provide an ideal setting for carrying out the most impactful research. We seek candidates engaged in developing machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), and/or high-dimensional statistics along with experimental approaches to advance our fundamental understanding of cancer, the immune system, and/or the immune response related to cancer. Ideal candidates will have a deep interest in both computational and wet laboratory discovery-based research. The appointee will have teaching obligations in both MCB and CS, with the details to be negotiated with the respective chairs to reflect the appointee's interests and background.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at UC Berkeley and in MCB and EECS. Our excellence requires faculty who share our commitment to these values. Successful candidates for our faculty positions will demonstrate evidence of a commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion.
The Departments of Molecular and Cell Biology and Electrical Engineering and Computer Science are committed to addressing the family needs of faculty, including dual career couples and single parents. We are also interested in candidates who have had non-traditional career paths or who have taken time off for family reasons, or who have achieved excellence in careers outside academia. For information about potential relocation to Berkeley, or career needs of accompanying partners and spouses, please visit: http://ofew.berkeley.edu/new-faculty
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
Ph.D. (or equivalent international degree), or enrolled in a Ph.D. or equivalent international degree-granting program at the time of application.
Additional qualifications (required at time of start)
PhD (or equivalent international degree) at the time of appointment to Assistant Professor.
A Ph.D. or equivalent international degree in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Statistics, Biostatistics, Immunology, Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related field. Candidates should have demonstrated excellence, originality, and productivity in research, and an interest in undergraduate and graduate teaching and promoting diversity and equal opportunity.
• Cover Letter (Optional)
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Summary of major research accomplishments - Provide a summary of your major research accomplishments in approximately 250 words.
• Summary of ongoing and planned research program - Summary of your ongoing and planned research program (approximately 1,500 words with intermixed figures). This should begin with a title for your research program and should include a list of essential publication citations.
• Publications list - Complete list of all of your publications
• Significant publication #1 - In addition to your publication, provide a statement that begins with the manuscript title and author list and then summarizes, in approximately 300 words, the significance of the selected publication.
• Significant publication #2 - In addition to your publication, provide a statement that begins with the manuscript title and author list and then summarizes, in approximately 300 words, the significance of the selected publication.
• Significant publication #3 - In addition to your publication, provide a statement that begins with the manuscript title and author list and then summarizes, in approximately 300 words, the significance of the selected publication.
• Statement of Teaching - Statement of your teaching interests, philosophy, and future plans as well as any prior teaching and mentoring experience (approximately 500 words).
• Statement on Contributions to Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Statement of your understanding of barriers to success in education and research for groups underrepresented in STEM, your past efforts to address these issues, and your future plans to promote a diverse, equitable and inclusive research environment at Berkeley. All diversity, equity and inclusion activities should be included in this statement. For additional information, please see https://ofew.berkeley.edu/recruitment/contributions-diversity.
• 3-5 letters of reference required
Apply link: https://apptrkr.com/3441451
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are core values at UC Berkeley. Our excellence can only be fully realized by faculty, students, and academic and non-academic staff who share our commitment to these values. Successful candidates for our academic positions will demonstrate evidence of a commitment to advancing equity, inclusion, and belonging.
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
In searches when letters of reference are required all letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality (http://apo.berkeley.edu/ucb-confidentiality-policy) prior to submitting their letter.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to Appendix F, Section II.C. of the policy for the deadlines applicable to new University of California employees. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
Positions that are represented by a collective bargaining unit or agent have particular contracts. For more information, please refer to the relevant contract: Lecturer contract, Postdoctoral contract, Research Series contract, and Librarian contract. Questions about represented positions can be directed to the hiring unit.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3441451
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.