We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced quantitative clinical pharmacologist to join our global Clinical Pharmacology Modelling and Simulation (CPMS) department. While this is a U.S. based position remote work option is available for the right candidate.
The Director or Associate Director of Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology
will use Pharmacometrics knowledge and Project Leadership skills to accelerate the delivery of new medicines to patients by enhancing development program efficiency and business decision quality, from preclinical candidate selection to regulatory approval and beyond.Key Responsibilities:
In this role, you will have principal accountabilities that include both modelling/simulation activities and clinical pharmacology leadership:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Planning, conducting and reporting translational drug-disease modelling, exposure-response analysis, simulation-based trial design and dose selection, and population clinical pharmacology modelling
- Applying innovative methods such as longitudinal exposure-response analysis, model-based meta-analysis and quantitative systems pharmacology to enhance data use and trial efficiency
- Contributing to clinical program design, trial protocols, analysis plans, study reports and regulatory submissions
- Write or review clinical pharmacology components of regulatory documents and responses such that GSK products are rapidly and efficiently approved with optimum labelling (with regards to the clinical pharmacology, modelling and simulation contents)
- Presenting strategy and defending outcome of model-based approaches to internal governance boards and regulatory agencies
- Implement best practices, trends, lessons learned from internal and external sources to further clinical pharmacology modelling and simulation contributions to R&D pipeline
- Ability to interact with line and middle management, staff and external contacts on a functional, strategic and tactical level
- Promoting model-informed drug discovery and development through external collaboration, journal publication and conference presentation
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- A doctorate relevant to Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics (e.g. pharmacology, engineering or statistics)
- Experience in using modelling/simulation to solve practical problems in industry or academia
- Proven skills in mechanistic PKPD and longitudinal disease modelling
- Proficiency in pharmacometrics tools such as NONMEM, Monolix, R or SAS
- Experience in the design, analysis, interpretation and reporting of Clinical Pharmacology studies per industry and regulatory standards
- Experience working in a large matrixed environment
- Project team leadership
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in model-informed drug development for Vaccines and/or Infectious Disease indications
- Passion for quantitative clinical pharmacology and desire to innovate for better outcome
- Strong drive and learning agility to build knowledge on a drug-disease system, symptom progression, standard of care, and trial design and endpoints
- Demonstrated aptitude for productive collaboration in a multi-discipline team, with effective communication and taking personal accountability for timely delivery of results
- Clear evidence of ability to make sound judgement in complex situations, think independently and adapt to changing business needs by prioritizing multiple tasks
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggest changes we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record