Join our challenge to get Ahead of Disease Together!
Are you a US Health Economics and Outcomes Research Leader (also called US VEO) willing to play a critical role in leading value evidence and outcomes research by generating cost effectiveness analysis and real-world evidence to support the launch of GSK's Oncology candidate Momelotinib in Myelofibrosis? If so, this opportunity might be for you.
This highly visible and strategically important role for GSK will give YOU this opportunity to drive value evidence and outcomes research for the in-line product and pipeline strategy and collaborate across cross-functional stakeholders
We are looking for an inspiring health economics and outcomes research scientist and highly experienced researcher who can lead the way.
- Flexible work arrangements : This role is located on the US East Coast, but remote working arrangements may be considered for appropriate US-located candidates
- Reporting line : you will report to Sumati, Senior Director and Head for US Oncology.
- The Team : you will join a gender diverse and multicultural team of 7 - team is expending and is located in the US.
In this role, your responsibilities will include
Why You? Basic qualifications:
- Lead the development, management, design, implementation of VEO research programs
- Ensure strategic alignment with key internal stakeholders (US medical, commercial, Global HEOR, Global medical affairs and market access)
- Develop and maintain a robust process for efficient and timely decision-making and allocation of funding; attend / present at scientific meetings and forums
- Represent VEO on matrix teams and advice internal stakeholders in clinical development, payer marketing and commercial; ensure provision of VEO information to support internal decision-making during product development and commercialization
- Represent US VEO on GSK initiatives
- Participate in global and/or regional matrix teams to ensure that all relevant planning factors/impacts are assessed in development, pre-launch, launch and life cycle management strategies
- Implement regional VEO strategies during life cycle management to secure and maintain reimbursement, market access/formulary listing, promotion and optimal pricing
- Apply negotiation skills internally and externally to ensure the value of VEO is used to maximum advantage for GSK products
- Plan, track and adjust regional VEO projects across team and with external contractors and suppliers to ensure delivery on time, to budget and in accordance with the plan. Document any changes from plan
- Assure quality of deliverables, including review and sign off project specifications, protocols, data analysis plans, final study reports, abstracts, posters and manuscripts, adherence to SOPs.
- Develop and maintain understanding of internal customer needs for VEO deliverables to support the value of our products
- Develop and maintain strong alignment with the Field Based Payer Medical Teams to obtain insights from the external customers. Adjust plans accordingly to support reimbursement and access for GSK products
- Contribute to broader organizational change within GSK through participation in specific projects and work at a departmental level and beyond
- Ensure all company and departmental required training for self is completed within necessary timeframe and documented appropriately
- Ensure all company and departmental SOPs are understood and adhered to by self
- Interface with cross-functional matrix teams. Key matrix partners include Field Based Payer, Medical Teams, Global VEO incl Epidemiology, Quantitative Sciences, US Medical Affairs, Inline Brand team, and Brand Marketing
- Manage vendors in execution of VEO projects
- Ensure regional strategies are implemented throughout the TA.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD or Master's degree in health economics and outcomes research or related discipline e.g. economics, sociology, epidemiology, other similar
- 3 or more years' experience within the pharmaceutical industry including field facing role, or related field within US Oncology experience
- 5 or more years' experience in health economics outcomes research (HEOR)
- Experience in US healthcare system i.e. reimbursement and access, health economics and/or outcomes research
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry, managed care, hospital, academic or healthcare consulting environment, specifically relating to Health Outcomes, strategy, research and application
- Ability to influence at all levels and build strong relationships in a matrix environment
- Ability to influence without direct authority across cross-functional teams
- Ability to develop and execute health outcomes research plans
- Strategy development, particularly in complex and novel environments in Oncology
- Ability to prioritize, pivot, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in Oncology
- Knowledge and experience with managing real world evidence including evaluating real world data sources
- Knowledge and experience with appropriate study designs and methods
- Knowledge and understanding of requirements for protocol development, disclosure and publication of real-world evidence
- Drives culture of trust, respect, transparency, and accountability.
*LI-GSK Why GSK
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggest changes we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK
with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together
- all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture . A culture that is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing .
So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record