The Medicine Design group in Groton, CT is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled postdoctoral fellow to help discover new insights into the potential mechanisms modulating self-amplifying RNA delivery, using Lipid NanoParticles (LNPs) with a focus on endosomal escape and innate immune response. This is a unique opportunity to participate in understanding cutting edge novel drug-delivery modality for vaccines and RNA therapeutics by specifically interrogating the pathways involved in endosomal trafficking of saRNA and the factors driving cellular permissiveness in physiologically relevant context. This postdoctoral fellow will work collaboratively with the High Content Imaging group in Groton, CT and the Microscopy tech center in Kendal Square, Cambridge, MA to explore kinetics of cellular uptake and innate immune response by leveraging both super-resolution microscopy and high content imaging together with transcriptomics studies.
Applicants should have experience working independently in a laboratory setting and a broad understanding of biology. Previous experience is desired: Microscopy and high content imaging, RNA & saRNA biology, primary cell biology, Lipid nanoparticle expertise, Transcriptomics, kinetics by single cell tracking, molecular biology, Image analysis and data analysis software. In addition to technical skills, a successful candidate should possess personal drive, innovation to address scientific hurdles and strong communication skills.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and execute research project to identify mechanisms modulating saRNA-LNP endosomal trafficking and endosomal escape in primary cells and reporter cell lines.
- Generate in-vitro-expression and transcriptomics datasets for saRNA innate immune cell response in permissive and non-permissive cells.
- Assess the role of identified factors on saRNA delivery by using overexpression and knockdown in relevant primary cell systems.
- Working in collaboration with other RNA post-docs at Pfizer
- Publication and presentation of findings
- PhD in cell biology or molecular biology
- Human primary cell culture and microscopy experience
- Cross-training and collaborating with other scientists
- Diligent notebook and record keeping
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Eager to learn
- RNA delivery In Vitro Expression (IVE) experience
- Image data analysis
- Lipid nanoparticle experience
- Super-resolution microscopy
- Knowledge of endosomal trafficking
- Knowledge of innate immune response
- Experience with transcriptomics
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting, standing, lifting, bending, and walking.
- Ability to perform practical laboratory bench work and to work on a computer (while standing or sitting).
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and interpret data .
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Travel between Groton and Cambridge sites in a monthly basis will be required, and opportunities will be given to share data and attend appropriate meetings and conferences.
- Compliance with laboratory safety practices.
Eligible for Relocation Assistance
Must Have Work Authorization in US
#postdocjobs.comPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development