What You Will Achieve
Pfizer's Rare Disease Research Unit (RDRU) is focused on developing therapeutic solutions for patients with rare disorders. We are seeking a hands-on Scientist at the BS/MS level with strong background in biomedical research to join an interdisciplinary team and execute preclinical studies to expand Pfizer's gene editing portfolio. This individual will be an integral part of a team responsible for the evaluation of treatment options for a variety of rare disorders. The successful candidate will use prior experience and scientific judgement to work independently in the laboratory as well as collaboratively with other team members. They will gather input from within the gene editing team and the larger RDRU group to ensure the production of high-quality data to ensure the efficient and timely execution of the team's goals. The candidate is expected to have critical thinking, problem-solving, effective communication and presentation skills.How You Will Achieve It
- Design, execute and troubleshoot pre-clinical cell-based assays and molecular biology experiments for multiple rare disease targets.
- Implement and follow standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Generate and analyze high-quality data using appropriate software.
- Record project progress by entering detailed information such as experimental procedure and results using electronic laboratory notebook.
- Communicate findings using both verbal presentations and written reports.
- Procure, maintain and keep track of laboratory reagents.
- Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years laboratory experience or a Master's degree with 4+ years of laboratory experience.
- Expertise in basic cell and molecular biology techniques including plasmid cloning, transient transfection, Western blot, RNA/DNA extraction, PCR, reverse-transcription, real-time qPCR, immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and sterile technique.
- Ability to organize and plan experiments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Capability to execute, troubleshoot and analyze experiments and present findings in a timely manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Other Job Details
- Previous experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with gene editing techniques such as CRISPR/Cas9.
- Experience with pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiated cells.
- Experience with lipid nanoparticles or other methods of genetic material delivery such as lentiviral or AAV .
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise. On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development