Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As an Associate Scientist of the Biofunctional Assay team in the Clinical and Diagnostic Assay Development group at Pfizer-Pearl River, you will participate in the development of several biofunctional assays to support current and future clinical testing, monitoring the immune response elicited by vaccine candidates, maintaining cell lines, weekly processing of red blood cells, and preparing samples for testing.
You will also assist in Standard Operating Procedure documentation drafting, as well as automation/high-throughput platform development. Your skills and expertise will ensure that all work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) guidelines and Good Lab Practices cGLP and/or (Current) Good Manufacturing Practices (part of GxP) cGMP guidelines.How You Will Achieve It
- Supporting the preclinical evaluation and early clinical development of candidate vaccines.
- Perform all functions to support immunoassay development, qualification, and validation.
- Satisfactorily completes all cGLP (current Good Laboratory Practices) and safety training in conformance with requirements.
- Perform sample preparation for preclinical and clinical serology in biofunctional assays to support vaccine development and clinical studies.
- Complete required documentation for laboratory work involving bio-functional assays.
- Execute qualifications/validations of new instruments and custom methods.
- Collaborate with Sample Management, Automation, Research Informatics, and Statistics groups to ensure alignment around assay technology selection, assay quality criteria and validation requirements.
- Interact with external vendors to obtain quotes, and purchase reagents for clinical testing where applicable.
- Identify and report any experimental problems, proactively troubleshoot causative factors, and implement necessary corrections following discussion with supervisor.
- Manage manual and robotic sample preparation, use and maintenance of appropriate equipment, and preparation of relevant reagents.
- Train other analysts on established technologies and support their tasks with your scientific acumen.
- Present progress on assay development and sample analysis to colleagues and senior management.
- Bachelor's degree with 0+ years of relevant experience
- Laboratory experience in the fields of Immunology, Microbiology and/or cellular/molecular biology.
- Experience with experimental design and the interpretation of results.
- Programming skills to code automation instrumentation.
- Ability to use appropriate software to perform analysis of data.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Expert in Microsoft Excel (advanced formulas and functions).
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, ELISA, and biofunctional assay development.
- Experience in automation instrumentation, high-throughput platforms, and robotics.
Basic laboratory training aseptic technique is essential. Ability to work safely with infectious agents. Capacity to effectively work in highly visible research programs with time-constrained milestones.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Ability to adhere to safe work practices and procedures such as aseptic gowning.
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Other Job Details:
Eligible for relocation package
Eligible for employee referral bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development