Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join the Molecular Assessment and Profiling group in BioMedicine Design at Pfizer. This individual will work with an innovative RNA discovery team to revolutionize RNA therapeutics for a wide range of disease areas. The qualified candidate will be providing key decision making biophysical and analytical characterization data for RNA LNP using the modRNA, saRNA, circRNA and gene editing platforms. In addition, this individual will be involved with the development of various exciting RNA based technology initiatives. Successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and cross-functional collaborations to contribute to the team's deliverables. How You Will Achieve It
- Plan and execute molecular characterization, biophysical analysis, and stability assessment of various RNA-based LNP therapeutics
- Able to critically analyze and present experiment results across multiple teams spanning general to subject matter expert audiences
- Provide scientific guidance and decision to progress projects along discovery pipeline
- Drive technological innovations; keep abreast of new technologies and instrumentations
- Evaluate and develop novel analytical assays to support RNA therapeutic profiling and characterization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including therapeutic discovery teams, protein expression and purification groups, mass spec team and development organization to plan and execute deliverables
- A PhD with 1-2 years post-doc/industrial experience in RNA research
- Working knowledge and experiences with RNA and LNP characterization techniques such as RNA integrity (5' capping, 3' polyA and CGE), chromatography techniques (SEC, RP-HPLC/UPLC), lipid profiling, RNA packaging efficiency, zeta-potential charge and DLS size/PDI analysis
- Able to develops and manages study/experiment to achieve objectives; contribute to project resource planning
- Ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping timelines.
- Highly organized, excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
Other Job Details
- Prior industry experience in therapeutic discovery
- Demonstrated track record of independent research and scientific publications in peer review journals
Relocation Support Available
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development