The Research Assistant will carry out laboratory procedures including DNA/RNA/protein extractions, electrophoresis, PCR, qPCR, western blot, molecular cloning, cell culture, histology, mouse colony maintenance, mouse behavioral tests, mouse surgeries, or bioinformatics analysis of omics data and single cell data.
We are seeking for a candidate who is eager to learn basic biological laboratory techniques, who has good organization skills, and is interested in learning science. Job Duties
- Documents results and prepares them for presentations.
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Summarizes research findings for manuscripts to publish in research journals.
- Prepares buffers and reagents for laboratory operations.
- Manages crotanks and refrigerators.
- Performs RNA/DNA extraction and tissue culture, PCR, Western blotting, and other routine lab assays.
- Performs histological procedures: tissue preparation, slide preparation, IHC/IF staining.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.