Are you someone who is energized about combining their computer tech and project management skills with their love for science? If so, this Business System Owner, Data Swatch role is right for you.
As Business System Owner (BSO) - Data Swatch, you will be the responsible business representative for the development, deployment, maintenance, and compliance of one or more data swatches that constitute the Research Data Fabric (RDF); a data lake that aggregates scientific data from across Medicine Development and Science (MDS). You will partner with members from R&D Tech (Tech), Data Standards and Governance (DS&G) and the various scientific business lines that constitute our customers. These data swatches are key to our goal of serving FAIR data from a multitude of systems used by scientists, such as Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELN) and instrument data capture solutions. These efforts being part of a comprehensive digital transformation program known as Lab Data Capture (LDC).
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Gatekeeper for MDS data surfaced within one or more RDF swatches
- Collaborate with members of DS&G, Tech product owners (POs), scientists, and ELN BSO to ensure proper requirements gathering and interface between applications and swatches
- Serve as deputy BSO for one or more product/swatch BSOs in order to maintain continuity during absence
- Maintain compliance with IT Management System (ITMS) process in drafting, approval, implementing and revising of product-specific controls (Quality Plan, System Accessibility Plan, etc.) and change releases
- Ensure effectiveness of pipelines supplying data to swatches via oversight of UAT testing
- Collaborates with LDC ART to ensure delivery in a SAFe Agile manner
- Contribute during SAFe Agile ceremonies, such as PI planning, to ensure RDF-related priorities decided by SPADM are translated into PBIs
- Collaborates with BSO's, Business Area Specialists (members of scientific lines working directly with BSOs) and change network to promote adoption
- Maintains audit readiness and business continuity of RDF, in collaboration with all data swatch BSOs. Participates in internal audits and management monitoring.
- Facilitates creation and curation of RDF delivery training material both with and independent of template/workflow SMEs . Trains and onboards business SME's as needed.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Managed Information Systems (or business degree equivalence), Bioprocess/Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or Statistical Sciences with 5+ years of industry experience (preferably in a CMC organization).
- Experience using information technologies and systems and their applications in the pharmaceutical industry (e.g. Laboratory Information Management Systems, Electronic Lab Notebooks, Chromatography Data Systems, Distributed Control Systems).
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical R&D lab
- Experience leading a capability development project
- Experience in Agile development
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence senior stakeholders, scientists, and tech colleagues
- Highly motivated self-starter, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in SAFe Agile development
- Experience as an administrator and/or SME for the support and/or development of a scientific information system
- Experience as a change and/or project manager
- E xperience or knowledge in aggregating, analyzing, and visualizing complex data sets (e.g. Spotfire, Power BI).”
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the most significant changes we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that isambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact
- with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record