Baylor College of Medicine Department of Pediatrics, Rheumatology Service at Texas Children's Hospital is seeking a highly motivated, responsible, and organized Research Coordinator II to join a research team focused on childhood immunological responses to COVID-19. The Research Coordinator II will be responsible for coordinating and/or assisting with day to day activities of research protocols for the Pediatric Rheumatology SAF-VAC (Serial Assessment Following Vaccination After MIS-C) study. This includes screening, enrollment, assisting with questionnaire forms, extracting data from medical records, database maintainance, protocol review, reviewing study materials to ensure compliance with IRB approved protocols and monitoring of research patients. The coordinator will ensure accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants. Job Duties
- Interviews, screens and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- Collects, processes, ships, and maintains paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- Corresponds with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.