We are seeking a talented individual for a full-time position to join our team at IQuESt- Center for Innovation Quality Effectiveness and Safety. This is a Research Coordinator II position supporting multiple projects within the Hysong research team. You will join a team seeking to improve patient care for our patients at the Houston VA hospital and Baylor College of Medicine. Job duties involve coordinating day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants. The research coordinator is responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance and organizing documents to prepare for study audits.Job Purpose
Coordinates day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.Job Duties
- Creates educational materials for staff reference. Interviews, screen and recruits patients for studies; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Liaise with clinical teams to recruit participants.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- Corresponds with patients throughout study.
- Schedules research participants for tests and procedures specific for the research protocol.
- Assist with daily administrative tasks like preparing study materials, photocopying, organizing and filing documents, mailing study materials, working with confidential files.
- Assists with maintaining records and regulatory documents for research studies.
- Trains and orients less experienced research staff.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Collects bacterial specimens from the microbiology laboratory and transports them to Baylor College of Medicine.
- Prepares laboratory specimens for shipping.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Computer skills (MS Office - Word, Excel, Access) required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.