The Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a skilled Clinical Research Associate. The ideal candidate will facilitate communication between requestors and providers of breast cancer-related human biospecimens. The Coordinator executes the decisions of the Tissue Use Committee, choosing appropriate biospecimens and ensuring the quality and integrity of associated data. The position will include data abstraction (extraction of essential information from medical records) in addition to quality assurance of data and the production of reports as needed. Job Duties
- Communicates clearly with a variety of customers/providers, including researchers, specimen collection teams, and lab personnel.
- Utilizes several software packages to track inventory, associated data, requests, and communications.
- Processes new biospecimen requests.
- Monitors progress of new and ongoing biospecimen requests.
- Produces reports for grant applications, working lists, presentations, etc..
- Chooses appropriate biospecimens to distribute for approved requests.
- Coordinates with collections teams on special requests.
- Acts as liaison between all parties.
- Runs queries, generates reports, and communicates with teams to ensure quality.
- Abstracts clinical data as needed and coordinates with other abstractors.
- Serves as the administrative support to the Tissue Use Committee.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Experience in healthcare, academic, biobanking or research environment.
- Competence in data cleaning techniques.
- Competence in SAS, Open Specimen, REDCap, Epic, R and MS Office a plus.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.