Are you seeking an opportunity where you can grow your contributions to scientific strategy and accelerate Pharmaceutical Research and Development? If so, this Investigator, Lab safety and Compliance lead role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to contribute to analytical development and to progress YOUR career. Your responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Assist with authoring, review, approval, and lifecycle monitoring of departmental risk assessments.
- Acts as system owner for various analytical equipment which includes system troubleshooting, authoring impact assessments and risk assessments, participating in analytical equipment validation lifecycle activities, such as executing change controls, and equipment management.
- Create change controls and owns through the change control process, which may include presentation at change control meetings and circulation for approvals/closure.
- Lead routine laboratory inspections and clean ups.
- Communicates and enforces laboratory safety rules for GSK staff, vendors, contractors, and complementary workers working in the labs.
- Lead appropriate safety training for lab users (i.e. yearly refresher or new starter general laboratory training, working with highly hazardous materials, chemical waste, etc.).
- Track and trend incidents and non-injury events to minimize repeat events and ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff.
- Participate in investigations for workplace incidents, conduct root cause analysis and propose corrective actions.
- Manage departmental Management Monitoring Program, perform trending of observations, and work with stakeholders to remediate and implement improvements.
- Act as Business Lead Investigator (BLI) for department GMP investigations and facilitate Root Cause Analysis to address deviations and propose/implement CAPA.
- Documents work in accordance with GxP expectations, company policy, and legal requirements.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS in Chemistry, Biology or related discipline, with 7+ years in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of GxP requirements, SOPs, analytical techniques, and practices used in pharmaceutical development.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why GSK? Uniting science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together
- Experience with analytical laboratory data systems.
- Operational knowledge of laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of change control process.
- Experience with lab safety and quality investigation.
- Knowledge of risk assessment.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with others within the group and across groups.
- Strong technical writing skills for documentation.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record