Join us today to translate great science into therapies as a Clinical Virology Biomarker Associate Director. In this role, you will have responsibility for development and effective implementation of biomarker strategy in support of project clinical development. Working as part of the early development / medicine development matrix teams (EDT/MDT), the Clinical Virology Biomarker Director will establish clear decision-making criteria to enable informed clinical decisions and integrate the strategy into the clinical development plans. You will employ cutting edge technologies and procedures to discover and clinically validate biomarkers. The implementation of the biomarker strategy as part of a well thought through clinical plan will ensure optimally informed decision making in drug development.
This role will provide YOU with the opportunity to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include:
· Develop and deliver virology biomarker strategy including approaches to pharmacodynamic biomarkers, disease related biomarkers, clinically validated biomarkers and/or companion diagnostics for clinical phase programs including SARs-COV2, influenza, HBV and/or HRV to enable informed clinical decisions
· Detection and monitoring or viral resistance during treatment and in the global community
· Represent virology biomarker strategy on EDT/MDT, study teams and at internal governance reviews as well as serve as point of contact for study virology biomarker issues
· Providing input to clinical teams on virology issues that may affect clinical studies, e.g. selection and transmission of variants and the effect on the efficacy of the molecule, incidence of viral disease in the community
· Ensure alignment of virology biomarker outputs with data management, statistics, and modelling/simulation requirements to meet study requirements
· Lead writing of virology reports to support study teams and regulatory submissions as well as contribute to virology and biomarker sections of publications
· Interact with regulatory organisations, such as FDA and EMA, with one to one interactions, reports, submission documents and label changes.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
· Scientist and/or Physician (PhD, MD or equivalent) with at least 3-5 years of experience in the application of clinical virology biomarkers in clinical trials
· In-depth knowledge of virology assays for respiratory viruses and/or hepatitis B virus.
· Experience and knowledge of viral resistance.
· Expertise in the discovery, validation and clinical implementation of biomarkers with a proven track record of success.
· Strong understanding and experience with predictive biomarkers
· Knowledge and experience of biomarker technologies and their clinical implementation.
· Experience in conducting clinical trials and working as part of a clinical study team including working to GCP principles.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a matrix environment
· Ability to influence teams and key stakeholders with a proven track record of success.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
· Experience with diagnostic development.
* Role can be Director or Associate Director depending on level of experience
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK offers you the opportunity to showcase your expertise with a leadership that values, recognizes and rewards talent!
~We look forward to working with you!~
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record