We make and supply medicines and vaccines all around the globe and our teams own every production stage, from creating quality products at our manufacturing sites to designing effective supply forecasting and regulatory inspections; all powered by digital, data and analytics. We operate at impressive scale, producing over 1.7 billion packs of medicine and 767 vaccine doses in 2021.
We continue to modernise, so we can launch even more new products at speed whilst turbo-charging delivery across our entire portfolio through our relentless focus on quality, safety, and service. The way we work will change. For some, the shift in technology and products will be revolutionary. Our R&D pipeline demands a new kind of supply chain, and we need the very best minds and capability to help us on our journey to make more complex products, harnessing the power of automation and robotics so we can work smarter together.
Are you energized by a scientific leadership role that allows you to enhance and improve processes across Production development? If so, this Production Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Production Manager, the purpose of this role is to be a part of a dynamic operations team that brings life changing and life saving medicine to patients around the world. They will demonstrate GSK Values (Patient Focus, Transparency,
Respect, & Integrity) and Expectations (Courage, Accountability, Development, & Teamwork) on a daily basis by engaging positively with team members and production support groups. Under the direction of the Value Stream Lead and Site Leadership, the Production Manager will be accountable for the safe, compliant, and cost effective execution of large scale biopharmaceutical processes. They will work with other department heads across the value stream to execute short and long term projects that will drive sustained performance for existing and new products..
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Demonstrate GSK Values - Patient Focus, Transparency, Respect, and Integrity - in every interaction, in every work task, and with every responsibility of the job role. Live GSK's Expectations of Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork to achieve and model high performing behaviors in the workplace.
- Responsible for assuring full compliance against all appropriate manufacturing and safety regulations such as local policy and procedures, GSK QMS/EHS, CFR/cGMP, OSHA standards, and all applicable environmental regulations (local, state, and federal).
- Ensures good documentation and data integrity practices, by overseeing and approving improvements to standard operating procedures, batch document instructions, and logbooks
- Prioritizes departmental technical objectives by using equipment and process data, historical performance, OE tools, and capacity of staff.
- Approves investigations that are the result of safety or compliance issues, and leads a values-based culture by displaying and encouraging full transparency.
- Ensures the appropriate accountability of cross-functional activities, such as engineering studies, validation studies and Tech Transfer studies
- Pursues and proposes changes to current and emerging digital platforms (SAP, EBR, AR/VR, etc)
- Accountable for a workforce plan that ensures the personnel development and performance management planning for all direct and indirect reports within the department
- Establish production standards and manpower requirements to meet delivery schedules.
- Partner with the NPI lead for successful implementation of new products and processes into the facility production equipment and schedules.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Biomedical engineering, Biotechnology, or equivalent technical discipline
- 7+ years of production in technology or related industry
3+ years of leadership experience.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MS or Ph.D. in biological science or biochemical engineering desirable.
- 5 years of large scale cell culture or fermentation based processing preferred as well
- Experience in production in biopharm/biotech (Biologics)
- Strong quality/compliance orientation and track record.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong influence and relationship building skills with an emphasis on teamwork
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years.We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat isambitious for patients- so we deliver what matters better and faster;accountable for impact- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; andwhere we do the right thing. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record