This role is open to a remote work from home arrangement.
Are you looking for a meaningful and public health focused HEOR career at a company committed to your development? The Director, US Health Outcomes focusing on Vaccines may be the right role for you!Key Responsibilities:
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career; some responsibilities include…
- Lead the development, implementation and delivery of US health outcome strategy for specific vaccine(s)/ disease area(s) through all phases of vaccine development (discovery, launch and/or life cycle management)
- Lead conduct of health outcomes studies and economic models of the highest quality and methodological rigor in order to demonstrate the value of GSK vaccines to payers, providers, and public health decision-makers
- Serve as the subject matter expert on outcomes research, health economics and epidemiology to matrix teams (e.g., medical commercial strategy teams, and global project teams) to support internal decision making during all phases of vaccines development
- Leverage health economics and outcomes data with CDC stakeholders, payers, and providers through appropriate/approved mechanisms; develop and maintain excellent working relations with external health outcomes experts to ensure use of appropriate research methods
- Lead development of presentations and peer-reviewed publications to effectively communicate/disseminate health outcomes data
- Effective project management of external consultants/CROs/third parties to achieve project objectives within timelines and within budget
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- A Masters, PhD, PharmD, MD or equivalent in a relevant discipline (i.e., Health Services Research, Health Economics, Epidemiology, Pharmacy Administration, etc.); specific training in epidemiology, health economics and/or outcomes research is essential to main educational qualifications
- 5 years or more of experience in health outcomes strategy and research, including real-world data analysis and economic modeling, in the pharmaceutical industry, managed care, academic, government or healthcare environments
- Strong track record of publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience conducting vaccines-related outcomes research
- Knowledge of health policy issues related to vaccine recommendations, access and reimbursement in the United States
- Prior experience with supporting new product launches in industry or consulting
We're uniting science, technology and talent to make a difference in more people's lives, and revolutionizing the way we do R&D.
We're combining the power of genetic and genomic insights into what causes disease, with the speed and scale of artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) to make better predictions about who a treatment might work for, and why. We believe this powerful combination of data and technology holds the key to fundamentally transforming medical discovery for the better, improving R&D success rates and shaping how even the most challenging diseases, like neurological conditions and cancer, can be both prevented and treated.
Our pipeline currently comprises of more than 60vaccines and medicines across four core therapeutic areas including infectious diseases, HIV, oncology and immunology as well at pursuing other science-led opportunities outside our core areas. Many have the potential to be first or best-in-class opportunities for patients and since 2017, we've delivered 13 major approvals and more than doubled the number of potential new vaccines and medicines in Phase 3 and registration to 23.
In 2021 we delivered four major product approvals: Cabenuva for HIV, Jemperli for endometrial cancer, Xevudy for COVID-19 and Apretude, our new long-acting medicine for HIV prevention.
Find out more:Our approach to R&D
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record