Biostatisticians play a critical role in the advancement of new medicines at Pfizer. The right candidate will partner with clinicians, clinical pharmacologists, translational medicine, and other scientists to support drug development in Pfizer's Early Clinical Development (ECD) unit. This role is for a statistician to support the expanding anti-infectives portfolio, including next-generation Covid treatments. The statistician will be involved in the design, analysis, and reporting of clinical protocols covering early clinical development from first in human through proof of concept/phase 2b. Responsibilities
- Provide guidance, lead/co-lead projects, manage own time to meet objectives.
- Use statistical expertise to prepare both internal and external reports, presentations and manuscripts, with the aim to improve the quality of internal decision making and increase our influence on the external environment.
- Provide input to the Statistics Group Lead and/or Therapeutic Area Statistics Head to plan support for assigned studies.
- Collaborate with various scientists in the design, analysis and reporting of clinical experiments.
- Interact with internal and external experts to assure sound quantitative approaches are applied to collection and analysis of a wide variety of data types.
- Serve as a core member of scientific teams responsible for determining strategy and delivering results in a timely and high quality manner.
- Ensure that all study and project level statistical activities are conducted in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and Pfizer standards.
- Participate in research on statistical methodology and its applications pertinent to the Pfizer business needs.
- MS in Statistics/Biostatistics or related field with 3+ years' experience or PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to create computational tools for analysis and data visualization.
- Statistical knowledge through coursework and/or demonstrated statistical application in general linear models, mixed models, and Bayesian approaches.
- Experience using R or SAS.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain statistical techniques to non-statisticians.
- Relevant pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience providing statistical support to clinical studies in Anti-Infectives
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:Flexible
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.