The Congress Strategy Lead, Global Scientific Communications will support Pfizer Oncology in leading and executing global oncology congress strategy and planning, which includes key global congresses across disease areas and other congress-related initiatives.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and execute congress strategies and planning for all oncology priority global congresses
- Develop the annual congress plans and associated budget needs
- Manage vendors responsible for coordination, logistics, and exhibit space
- Manage externally-facing congress websites (eg, www.PfizerOncologyDevelopment.com) including quarterly updates and enhancements.
- Lead the congress review committee (RC) process for the review and approval of congress-specific content and activities
- Participate in medical and commercial strategy teams to align congress strategies with key priorities
- Develop new innovative/digital engagement & communications approaches associated with congress strategies.
- Develop and manage key professional association relationships for Pfizer Oncology
- Support the process for reviewing and funding global sponsorships, fellowships and corporate memberships as needed
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Minimum 5-7 years pharmaceutical industry with 2+ years experience in Medical Affairs/Scientific Publications/Medical Communications Agency
- Represent a function within a matrix organization through a strong track record of excellent presentation, customer facing, and interpersonal skills
- Direct external vendors and manage budgets, timelines, and quality of deliverables
- Grasp scientific context and assimilate perspectives from stakeholders
- Strong track record of written and oral communication skills to articulate messages succinctly to a variety of audiences
- Quickly build rapport and credibility with key internal and key external stakeholders through strong interpersonal skills
- Effectively operate in a complex internal matrix and external partner relationships
- Strong organizational skills to track numerous tasks for multiple simultaneous projects in a deadline-oriented environment
Other Job Details:
- Advanced scientific/healthcare degree (PharmD, PhD, MS, etc.)
- Experience in oncology
- Experience in global medical communications and understanding of applicable regional legal and regulatory hurdles
Last Date to Apply for Job: October 6th, 2022
Additional Location Information: US - Remote, North America - Remote, Europe - Remote
Eligible for Relocation Package: No
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.