Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the pharmaceutical industry your focus will be related to design of vectors for AAV-based gene therapy. This Postdoctoral Fellowship will have daily interactions with Rare Disease Research Unit (RDRU) Biology and Gene Therapy groups as well as colleagues in other Pfizer disciplines in a supportive environment for rigorous scientific training. As a highly motivated, skilled and independent scientist, you will contribute to advancement of AAV drug design to treat various diseases. The position is based in Kendall Square, Cambridge MA. How You Will Achieve It
- Combine state-of-the-art approaches in the fields AAV-based gene therapy and in-born errors of metabolism to generate two peer-reviewed publications in high quality journals
- Independently design, conduct, analyze and present in vitro and in vivo/ex vivo experiments
- Establish ex vivo enzyme assays and perform in vivo AAV biodistribution and efficacy studies in animal models of disease
- Fundamentally advance the understanding of disease mechanisms and biology
- Attend and present at least one scientific conference per year to present findings and represent Pfizer's commitment to research.
- Engage and work with external collaborations and Contract Research Organizations (CROs).
- Recent Ph.D. in biological sciences
- Track record of scientific achievements through publications and presentations.
- Hands-on experience with in vivo rodent experimentation
- Previous work with AAV required.
- Experience in diverse molecular and biochemical laboratory techniques
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Preferred experience in enzymology, dominant-negative diseases and liver metabolism
Eligible for Relocation Assistance
Must Have Work Authorization in US
#postdocjobs.comPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development