Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
The Associate Scientist is responsible for the preparation of samples for preclinical and clinical serology studies to support vaccine development & clinical studies. This work will be performed within the Robotics and Automation area of the High-throughput Clinical Immunoassay and Diagnostics (HCID) group within Pfizer Vaccine Research & Development (VRD). How You Will Achieve It
- Performs sample preparation (manual and robotic) for preclinical and clinical serology assays to support vaccine development and clinical studies.
- Use and maintenance of appropriate laboratory equipment.
- Completes required documentation for all laboratory work. This includes the use of laboratory information management systems and/or paper forms.
- May train other analysts on established, basic technologies that he/she has become proficient.
- May participate in the qualification of new instruments and robotic methods following established protocols or scripts.
- With the guidance of the supervisor, the incumbent performs moderately complex experiments and calculations, and discusses conclusions.
- Satisfactorily completes all required laboratory, cGxP and safety training, in conformance with departmental requirements
- All work is to be performed in a compliant manner, according to applicable SOPs and cGxP guidelines, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of science (E.g., immunology, biology, etc.)
- Laboratory experience in a relevant field of science
- Strong attention to detail and ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Good Computer skills including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems
- Experience with robotic liquid handling
Work is primarily performed at the laboratory bench or at an office desk using a computer. The job involves lifting loads, generally not more than 20 pounds.
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Other Job Details:
Eligible for relocation package
Eligible for employee referral bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development