The qualified candidate will join the Analytical R&D organization in Andover, MA, to enable development of biological therapeutics in Andover, MA. Within Analytical R&D the candidate will join the Project Progression & Biochemistry Group focused on monoclonal antibodies/fusion proteins/RNA and other biological modalities. This group develops analytical methodologies and strategies needed to progress biotherapeutic products in the pipeline; this includes method development, process support, formulation and stability support, product characterization and method qualification.Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As an Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will perform qualitative and quantitative analyses of organic, inorganic compounds, or biologics. This will help you determine chemical and physical properties during chemical syntheses, fermentation or drug product development process by verifying their identity, purity, and homogeneity.
Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your focus and commitment that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Responsible for performing HPLC, SDS-PAGE, iCE, and CE and applying these methods to a broad range of biotherapeutics for early and late stage products.
- Must be able to interact effectively with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Expected to tabulate data, provide data interpretation to their teams and to their customers.
- Revise/review/author test methods and technical reports
- The candidate must have a a B.S degree with 0+ of years of experience in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, chemistry, or a related discipline.
- Experience working with biological molecules using an array of analytical methodologies
- Good documentation skills with high attention to detail, strong organizational skills, team oriented, effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge in protein biochemistry and analytical chemistry, and experience using some or all of the following techniques: all modes of HPLC, SDS-PAGE, iCE, CE, and/or peptide mapping for analysis of biologicals including; proteins, antibodies, peptides, conjugates and RNA.
- Industrial experience and an understanding of the drug development process are desired. GMP/GLP knowledge is desired.
- Non-technical attributes required include: verbal and written communication skills, cooperation and teamwork skills, and self-awareness.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Position requires occasional light lifting and periods of standing, sitting or walking,
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to perform complex data analysis.
Other Job Details
- Occasional work-related travel may be needed.
- Last Date to Apply: September 23rd 2022
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise. On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development