Why Patients Need You
At Pfizer we deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. The Chemoproteomics team plays a vital role in this mission through the identification of therapeutic targets, drug mechanisms-of-actions, and biomarkers. In La Jolla, we are dedicated to the development of oncology agents that disrupt cancer biology or redirect the immune system against cancer cells. We are seeking scientific innovators with expertise in mass spectrometry, posttranslational modifications, chemoproteomics, and oncology.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Scientist in Chemoproteomics, your research will drive a deeper understanding of targets & drugs. Relevant methodologies include but are not limited to activity based protein profiling, global proteomic profiling, protein turnover studies, phosphoproteomics, MHC immunopeptidomics, protein interactome studies, covalent-fragment based drug discovery and small-molecule target occupancy studies using chemical probes. You will leverage your extensive background in mass spectrometry and proteomic data analysis in this position.
You will work closely with individuals in chemical biology, drug design and oncology groups to innovate and develop the next-generation of therapies.How You Will Achieve It
- Identify, develop, and implement quantitative protein mass spectrometry technologies for chemo-proteomics and general proteomics across the oncology portfolio.
- Drive innovation in all aspects of laboratory operations including mass spec technology evaluation, proteomic software evaluation, development of quantitative sample preparation methods and peptide separation methods, data analysis and interpretation.
- Leading interactions with project teams including identifying collaborations and presenting data.
- Enhance the external reputation of Pfizer's Proteomic capabilities through publications and presentations at leading conferences
- Ph.D. in B iological Sciences, Chemical Biology, Analytical Chemistry, or a related field.
- Applied mass spectrometry-based proteomics including experience with Orbitraps.
- Ability to characterize protein post-translational modifications such as phosphorylation, methylation, acetylation, PARylation and ubiquitination.
- Experience with quantitative mass spectrometry strategies including isotopic labeling, isobaric tagging, SILAC, and label-free analysis (DIA, PRM/SRM) methods.
- Expertise with Proteome Discoverer, MaxQuant, or similar.
- 3+ years of postdoctoral and/or industry R&D experience.
- General understanding of chemoproteomics methodologies including affinity enrichment, chemical probes, activity-based protein profiling, and thermal proteome profiling.
- Knowledge on oncology including small- and large-molecule therapeutics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Contribute with in lab experimentation, and at the computer.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
9-5 work hours
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development