Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.What You Will Achieve
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join the Flow Cytometry Technology Center within Pfizer's Inflammation and Immunology Research Unit. This individual will support scientists across multi-disciplinary backgrounds in helping them achieve the best results from their flow cytometry experiments. As such, the successful candidate should have an extensive background in flow cytometry instrumentation and troubleshooting, high-parameter panel development, cell sorting and expertise in assay design and analytical interpretation of results.The Senior Associate Scientist role will require strong interpersonal skills and the successful candidate should have a history of working well in a team setting.How You Will Achieve It
- Assist scientists from various research units on all aspects of flow cytometry including flow cytometry instrument startup, acquisition, troubleshooting, data transfer and proper analysis and reporting.
- Develop complex cells staining panels upwards of 30+ colors for use by various groups and teams as well as the candidates own project support work.
- Perform cell sorting in both a low and high-parameter fashion for both service to our many users and the candidates project support work.
- Being involved in planning, optimizing and performing cell-based bioassays (phenotypical and functional) to support early and late-stage research projects across the organization.
- Analyze and present complex high-dimensional data using dimension regression algorithm visualization tools, such as OMIQ. The successful candidate will also work with other scientists to teach and assist in how to properly plan, run and analyze/visualize these complex, high-dimensional assays.
- Stay on top of cutting-edge innovative flow cytometry technologies, methods and developments to be an integral part of a leading technology center in the field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science
- 3+ years' experience in flow cytometry
- Expertise with BD flow cytometers and cell sorters, among other manufacturer instruments and their associated software
- Expertise with FlowJo and OMIQ analytical software
- Be a knowledgebase for all things all topics related to flow cytometry to that will assist users in understanding the fundamentals of the technology and all things considered in acquiring and achieving correctly interpreted results
- Familiarity with scientific methods associated with working in a BL2 lab atmosphere such as: aseptic technique, cell culture, sample preparation and using the instrumentation and tools related to this type of work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with personal computers, including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, and relevant scientific software
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting to develop positive working relationships and accomplish results to inform project teams on making next-step decisions
Non-Standard Work Schedule, Travel, Or Environment Requirements
- Previous experience working in a flow cytometry core lab or shared resource laboratory.
- Proven record of being proficient with all aspects of flow cytometry relating to experimental design, instrument fundamentals and mechanics, interpretation of flow cytometry results.
- Previous experience working with high-dimensional flow panels exceeding 25 colors.
- 1+ years of experience in drug discovery or development for inflammation, immunology, or autoimmunity indications
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development