Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As an Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will have the important role to generate high-quality immunoassay data in a regulated Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) setting to support Pfizer's vaccine programs according to Standard Operating Procedures. You will support the technology transfer and integration of new laboratory immunoassays into the cGLP space, support assay validation projects and monitor immunoassay lifecycle. In addition, you will also support throughput activities and provide testing support for clinical and non-clinical research programs.
Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Performs various immunological assays in accordance with established protocols, in a timely and efficient manner as part of exploratory, developmental, qualification and clinical study throughput.
- May be asked to learn & perform other assays or tasks within the high-throughput area, as needed.
- These assays and tasks require attention to detail.
- Completes required documentation for laboratory work. This includes information and data organization/review.
- After proficiency is demonstrated and experience obtained, the incumbent may be asked to train, or assist in the training, of other new analysts on the test method(s).
- Participates in laboratory management by stocking supplies and reagents needed for daily laboratory operation.
- Present experimental results at group, and project meetings. Write progress reports, as necessary.
- Satisfactorily completes all GCLP and safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements.
- Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with GCLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- BS or equivalent degree, in a relevant field of science (biology, immunology, microbiology, etc), and 0-2 years of experience.
- Has a good foundation in general scientific practice and in the principles and concepts of a relevant scientific discipline.
- Proficiency in the use of word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are desirable.
Other Job Details:
- Experience in developing and troubleshooting bioassays designed to assess antibody functionality
- Relocation support available
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development