About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary and Key Responsibilities include:
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Staff Scientist to perform several functions as a member of the Analytical Pharmacology Core Facility. The primary role of this Staff Scientist will include operation of the liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) instrumentation available in the core. These efforts will include not only operating the instrument but also assay development, sample preparation, calibration, data analysis, data management/backup and routine maintenance/trouble shooting. In addition, this Staff Scientist will assist the director with the development and validation of new analytical methods for the quantitative analysis of large and small molecules in support of pharmacokinetic and biomarker investigations.Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
Preferred education experience and skills:
- The ideal candidate will hold a Ph.D. and/or have extensive experience with preclinical and clinical pharmacokinetic studies, although this is not required.
- Candidates with extensive experience using LC-MS/MS instrumentation for quantitative analysis of large and small molecules will be considered.
- At least 5 years of experience operating LC-MS/MS systems, especially Waters and/or AB Sciex instruments, is required.
- Other important requirements include knowledge of analytical chemistry principles and experience with instrument controller software programs, such as MassLynx® and Analyst®.
- Strong interpersonal, documentation, and organizational skills, and a commitment to providing high-quality analytical chemistry services for users of the core facility are essential.
- Knowledge of the principles of quantitative analysis and familiarity with the FDA's Biomedical Method Validation Guidance for Industry are preferred.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- For more information about the Analytical Pharmacology Core Facility (APCF), click here.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.