Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions. About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow.
Our laboratory invites highly motivated candidates to apply for an interdisciplinary postdoctoral scholar position. Our laboratory focuses on oncogenic herpesviruses, in particular Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), Kaposi-sarcoma associated herpesvirus (KSHV), and the rhesus macaque EBV homologue rhesus lymphocryptovirus (rhLCV), and on developing prophylactic and therapeutic strategies against primary infection with these viruses and their associated cancers. The postdoctoral scholar will be working on projects with the overarching goal of designing and testing gamma herpesvirus vaccine candidates and immuno-therapeutics in various preclinical animal models.
The scholar will be leading projects that are in collaborations between the City of Hope Cancer Center and other institutions within and outside the USA. Importantly, City of Hope has good laboratory practice (GLP) and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) FDA-approved biologic facilities ( https://www.cityofhope.org/research/biological-and-cellular-gmp-manufacturing-facility/cbg---center-for-biomedicine-and-genetics ) to produce the candidate vaccines and immunotherapeutics in house and test them in preclinical animal models and in Phase I clinical trials.Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required.
- Molecular biology, protein expression, purification, crystallization, and functionalization
- Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes
- In vitro methods for assessing immunological responses, particularly antibody assays (such as ELISA, isolation/depletion of antigen-specific antibodies, viral neutralization assays, etc), T cell response and toxicity assays.
- In vivo immunization and/or tumor investigations, specifically murine (transgenic and humanized), rabbit and NHP models.
- Ability to design and execute laboratory experiments, critically interpret experimental results, and present data in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to participate in the preparation of grant applications, scientific publications and investigational new drug applications
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- For more information about Ogembo's lab, please visit here .
- To apply to the position, please send your CV and cover letter to Dr. Ogembo at email@example.com .
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.