Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions. About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The Priceman Laboratory at City of Hope is a fast-paced lab involved in cutting-edge technology, research and clinical immunotherapy investigations. We are currently looking for a postdoctoral fellow who will develop chimeric antigen receptor T cell therapies in combination with oncolytic viruses for the treatment of solid tumors, as well as interrogate the tumor microenvironment for identification/validation of rational combination therapies. The PhD candidate should have experience in the fields of immunology and cancer biology with a strong track record.This position will interact and collaborate with a team of researchers with similar interests in developing cell-based therapies in a translational research environment.Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- PhD degree with research experience in the fields of immunology and cancer biology; a publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Effectively design/develop a project in a translational research environment in order to successfully meet project goals.
- Design and execute laboratory experiments, critically interpret experimental results, and present data in a clear and concise manner.
- Participate in the preparation of grant applications, research publications, and attend/present at national conferences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Please send current CV to Saul Priceman at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- See the Saul Priceman, Ph.D. and lab web page for an overview of research interests at: https://www.cityofhope.org/people/priceman-saul and https://www.cityofhope.org/research/car-t-cell-therapy
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.