About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Enter, evaluate, and reconcile all charges for Foundation services rendered at all COH locations.Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for daily management and resolution of charge related errors in the following EMR modules:
- Charge Router
- Charges Review
- Knowledge of general and COH specific billing guidelines such as Locum Providers, APP Providers, ACGME Providers, Non-Billing Providers, CPT codes, Pro/Tech/Global rules by location type and other general billing rules.
- Communicates directly with providers via email or In Basket to obtain information necessary to resolve charge errors.
- Review, key, and reconcile E&M, Radiation Oncology, and Miscellaneous charge in EPIC.
- Notifies corresponding departments regarding illegible, incomplete, or missing information on charge reports
- Ensure the accuracy of patient identification, insurance, date of service, CPT, ICD-10, units, provider, revenue department, place of service and facility based on policies and procedures and industry standard billing requirements
- Forward all necessary charge batches to Coding Department based on internal policies and procedures.
- Run monthly audit reports for inpatient, outpatient, and chemo encounters for reconciliation and charge capture.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Audits all manual charge entry batches for accuracy of patient identification, insurance, date of service, CPT, ICD-10, units, provider, revenue department, place of service and facility.
- Reports trends related to system and/or workflow issues to management team, in an effort to identify root cause and resolution.
- Responds timely and accurately to all incoming correspondence from other COH departments.
- High School diploma.
- Zero to two (0-2) years' experience in a hospital, medical group or Independent Practice Association (IPA).
- Direct knowledge in credentialing optimal, but not required.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.