About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Programs and summarizes statistical analyses of data from clinical research projects within the Division of Population Sciences under the guidance of a Ph . D . level Biostatistician . Assists in the development of the computer software and databases to facilitate the conduct of the research studies within the Division.Responsibilities Include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Consults on various research projects as assigned under supervision of a Ph.D. Biostatistician.
- Programs statistical analyses using statistical software packages.
- Collaborates with department personnel on research projects, relating statistical methods to medical or biological sciences, under epidemiologic and observational study settings.
- Participates in the design, quality control, analysis and reporting of research protocols within the Medical Center and the Beckman Research Institute.
- Prepares summary reports of results and analytic methods, including tabular and graphic displays of data.
- Develops, establishes schedules, and monitors status of special projects on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in database design for projects as assigned.
- Participates in the development and improvement of the database system and oversees activity related to data entry.
- Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- Master's Degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a closely related field. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- One year experience in biostatistical consulting and analysis, preferably in epidemiologic and observation study settings.
- Experience with behavioral studies is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of statistical software packages including SAS and MS Access and other advanced applications.
- Experience with graphics, spreadsheet and word-processing software in a windows environment
- PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics or closely related field.
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.