At the Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine we study almost every aspect of breast health and disease and are focused entirely on strategies to prevent, diagnose and treat all breast cancer. We are a multidisciplinary center with an emphasis on translational research. The Breast Center is committed to education and training of our students. We also have a focused effort on community outreach and fostering a collaborative research environment.Job Duties
- Plans and organizes administrative operations of the laboratory and under CLIA surveillance. May participate in the development of laboratory grant budgets; the overseeing of expenditures of grant monies; performing SAP/SRM functions; Interprets rules, regulations, and policies for faculty and laboratory staff and insures compliance.
- Coordinates procurements of equipment and supplies and manages all stages of the acquisition cycle.
- Establishes procedures for management of the use of laboratory equipment including maintenance, repair, and inventory.
- Performs personnel management functions and supervises technical support staff.
- Perform a variety of molecular diagnostic assays, including digital droplet PCR and a variety of pathology related techniques.
- Communicates and liaisons directly with all members in the tissue banking effort (coordinators, PI's, data mangers, sponsors, etc).
- Manages receipt and shipping samples in accordance with various IRB protocols and shipping regulations.
- Creates, documents, and maintains standard operating procedures following goals for particular banking efforts and best practices.
- Creates and maintains budgets, SOP's and collection procedures/best practices for sponsored/contract banking efforts.
- Researches state of the industry equipment, procedures and best practices to keep the lab up to date.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Must be a team player and work well within a group.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.