The Department of Biological Sciences, University at Albany, State University of New York, invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level in cell biology and molecular genetics. Research areas of interest include but are not limited to, stem cell biology in development and regeneration and cellular and genetic control of normal and disease-specific physiological processes. Candidates can use any biological system in pursuit of their research interests, and candidates who complement or expand existing Department strengths are particularly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate is expected to establish a sustained, externally funded research program that may include collaborative and interdisciplinary research. Faculty in the Department have access to modern functional genomic and imaging facilities and other key core facilities serving a broad range of biological approaches. Local opportunities for collaboration within the university include faculty in the Life Sciences (http://www.albany.edu/lifesciences), the RNA Institute (http://www.albany.edu/rna), and the School of Public Health (http://www.albany.edu/sph).
Successful candidates will contribute to the Department's graduate program in Molecular, Cellular, Developmental, and Neural Biology, and will be expected to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels in courses appropriate to their expertise.
Applicants should have the ability to interact with a diverse faculty and student population working across a broad set of research areas.
Initial salary, benefits, and startup funds are competitive.
- Ph.D. from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- One year of postdoctoral experience
- Evidence of a peer-reviewed publication record in scholarly journals
- Applicants must address their plans to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in their discipline
- Applicants must address their ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- Applicants must address their willingness to teach remotely or online
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Assistant Professor (10 months)
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=151714
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Statement of research interests/experience that includes future plans (limited to five pages)
- Statement of teaching interests/experience that includes a statement of the candidate's willingness to teach remotely or online (limited to three pages)
- Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (limited to three pages)
- Selected Reprints/Preprints (maximum of five)
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications.
- Contact information for three references
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).